Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the wheels that I would like to get for my 16 st are 18"x9" with a 20mm offset, I've read on some places that you shouldn't go below a 35mm. Does anyone know if they would fit with rolling fenders/ fender flares eventually?

·
Registered
117 Posts
My guess is those are going to poke, you're moving the outside of the wheel outwards approximately 2" more than the factory. Another thing to consider when going with a low offset is premature wear on bearings, tires, steering and suspension components since you're changing load points, scrub radius, etc.

With an 18x9 35mm is probably close to flush.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My guess is those are going to poke, you're moving the outside of the wheel outwards approximately 2" more than the factory. Another thing to consider when going with a low offset is premature wear on bearings, tires, steering and suspension components since you're changing load points, scrub radius, etc.

With an 18x9 35mm is probably close to flush.
Is that 2" just the offset I'm guessing?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have 18x8.5 +43 offset. The face of the wheel sits flush with the fender on the front. The rear can use a 5mm spacer to bring the face to the fender. It's the same as running the stock wheels with a 20mm front and 25mm rear spacer. 18x9 35mm will stick way out. You'll definitely rub over bumps and dips. I wouldn't recommend this set up unless you have pulled fenders and more negative camber.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a buddy who tried to run a similar setup and it stuck out/rubbed pretty bad. I would avoid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts