Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just posted this to introductions and realized I should have probably posted it here:

Hey everyone,

Made my account a few days ago. I have a 2013 focus st. This car is crazy fun. I have been driving through the Malibu canyons with a friend that has a 2016 ST. Just getting around to doing mods. So far I haven't done much other than 3D printing a snorkel, and a pedal spacer at work,I also bought a short shift plate from FSWORKS. My goal is to make it a fun canyon car but still be able to drive it everyday. I would like to upgrade the intercooler, suspension, exhaust, and maybe a tune. If anyone has any advice please let me know. Thanks for reading.

Also been doing some research on Oil Catch Cans any advice on a good one?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Here's my plan. I just bought an intercooler this weekend, I own an exhaust, but it was used and needs to be welded by a shop and I just haven't done it yet. Instead of doing stage 1 and increasing the heatsoak on the stock intercooler, I'm just going to dive headfirst into stage 2. Since it's going to take me awhile to save up for an AP, I'll acquire smaller parts ion that time as well. I want to get a CPE stage 2 rear motor mount. Specifically that one because it is the only fully replaceable 2 piece mount. The other options do the job the same, but they are one piece so the stiffening comes from one link instead of 2, leading to greater NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness) in the cabin as well as longer life with EPDM for bushings. I also want aluminum shifter bushings because the stock rubber ones are trash and a short shifter trans mount bracket. I have no desire to rip apart the center console and do the in cabin short shifter. Cheap intake is cool for looks and sound. You can build an intercooler too or find someone who did it that's selling like I did. Depending on the core you choose, you can build one for $250 instead of buying it for 800. Proper shrouding for radiator and FMIC, better tires, YCW coils.

Just spend as much time on here researching the items you want and you'll learn more and more

1 - 3 of 3 Posts