Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if anyone else has resolved this issue but I cannot find a fix anywhere.....
prior to installing my light bar while leaving car in accessory mode for more than 5 minutes car would go into power saver mode. Now I keep all my interior and exterior lights of and doors shut, at most my hood is open. But the battery will completely drain. I used to leave an iPod plugged in to the port in my arm rest and unplugged it thinking that was the issue. And now the problem has gotten worse. I've installed a light bar that stays on with the fogs (which I drive with) and now if the car stays on (not running) within 1-2 minutes battery is dead.
My ST is early 14 and the light bar is the only electrical mod. I do have AP and it doesn't stay plugged in while car is off it's always disconnected and nothing extra is attached to the battery.
Any help of suggestions would be awesome!

·
Registered
420 Posts
If you can drain the battery in 1-2 minutes you either have the biggest parasitic draw on the planet or you have a bad battery. I have seen a battery draw of 5 amps take hours for the battery to drain. And 5 amps is like all modules awake, all interior and exterior lights on and the doors open. So either you have something hooked up way way wrong or I would have your battery tested.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you can drain the battery in 1-2 minutes you either have the biggest parasitic draw on the planet or you have a bad battery. I have seen a battery draw of 5 amps take hours for the battery to drain. And 5 amps is like all modules awake, all interior and exterior lights on and the doors open. So either you have something hooked up way way wrong or I would have your battery tested.
I've had the battery tested and was told that it was ok. I was honestly just reprogramming my sensors from putting my snow tires on which maybe takes 1 minute and car was dead in the bays. I've had batteries plus and AutoZone both tell me battery is good. Now let remind you light bar was installed AFTER I was having this issue so I havnt messed with any other wiring or electronics other than the AP and a tune (which is off and disconnected when I'm not driving and car is off)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've had the battery tested and was told that it was ok. I was honestly just reprogramming my sensors from putting my snow tires on which maybe takes 1 minute and car was dead in the bays. I've had batteries plus and AutoZone both tell me battery is good. Now let remind you light bar was installed AFTER I was having this issue so I havnt messed with any other wiring or electronics other than the AP and a tune (which is off and disconnected when I'm not driving and car is off)

That is weird man. That would take an incredibly huge draw to drain your battery that fast. I can't think of a scenario that would.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts

For what it's worth i have had a battery test "good" when in fact it wasn't. Good luck with your issue and hope you figure it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts