Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve had my 2015 focus ST(3) for about 2 years now. It honestly hasn’t given me much issue. I’ve maintained it exceptionally well over the past 2 years. So I’ve been having a issue and I cannot find a thing about it! So usually my car starts fine. But ever so often I can drive somewhere, go inside and do what I need to do, then come out and my key fob will not work at all. I unlock it using my keypad, And randomly my car will say “no Ford Key-Free detected” and the slot in the center console wont detect it. Also when it does this my passenger side DTRL won’t come on. If I wait (typically 20-45 minutes) it goes back to normal. Also recently my cars been giving me a “break lamp fault” notification even though my light seems to work fine? I’ve ruled out the fob being the issue. I’m thinking BCM? Any input greatly appreciated!!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,878 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
468 Posts
So I’ve had my 2015 focus ST(3) for about 2 years now. It honestly hasn’t given me much issue. I’ve maintained it exceptionally well over the past 2 years. So I’ve been having a issue and I cannot find a thing about it! So usually my car starts fine. But ever so often I can drive somewhere, go inside and do what I need to do, then come out and my key fob will not work at all. I unlock it using my keypad, And randomly my car will say “no Ford Key-Free detected” and the slot in the center console wont detect it. Also when it does this my passenger side DTRL won’t come on. If I wait (typically 20-45 minutes) it goes back to normal. Also recently my cars been giving me a “break lamp fault” notification even though my light seems to work fine? I’ve ruled out the fob being the issue. I’m thinking BCM? Any input greatly appreciated!!
Clean and or replace terminals first. These cars are super picky about battery contact or they act weird like that.

Sent from my IN2020 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,878 Posts
Really look at those mega fuses in the HVJB (high voltage junction box) between the filter box and the battery. It sounds like you are losing voltage to one of the two power feeds to the BCM.

Reactions: TurboGT
1 - 4 of 4 Posts