Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It's got to be better.
First day seemed fine, yesterday and today however the issue was present still. Back to the drawing board, any other ideas or insights are welcome. I am stumped. I called Ford again and they told me that I need to remove the Borla Exhaust and re-install the factory one. I highly doubt that this would cause this kind of issue, can anyone with experience comment on this. I don't want to do this since it will cost a bunch to get a new factory exhaust and have the labor to install it and feels like money wasted.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
The exhaust wouldn't be causing the issues. It's not flowing any more than the stock exhaust at stock power levels. All the issues are up stream from it anyways, sounds more like the dealer trying to put the blame on something. Do you have any other dealers nearby to try?

·
Registered
10 Posts
First day seemed fine, yesterday and today however the issue was present still. Back to the drawing board, any other ideas or insights are welcome. I am stumped. I called Ford again and they told me that I need to remove the Borla Exhaust and re-install the factory one. I highly doubt that this would cause this kind of issue, can anyone with experience comment on this. I don't want to do this since it will cost a bunch to get a new factory exhaust and have the labor to install it and feels like money wasted.
Check the gas tank. Sometimes there is some small amount of water or particles picked up from your local pump that is lingering in your tank.Since the pump has a very high pressure. As you drive the pump pick up some of it and send it to the injectors, some of it get through right away and some takes a little longer. Specially if you drive with nearly empty gas tank. I'm surprise the computer is not picking up this problem. Check for vacuum leaks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Check the gas tank. Sometimes there is some small amount of water or particles picked up from your local pump that is lingering in your tank.Since the pump has a very high pressure. As you drive the pump pick up some of it and send it to the injectors, some of it get through right away and some takes a little longer. Specially if you drive with nearly empty gas tank. I'm surprise the computer is not picking up this problem. Check for vacuum leaks.
The issue can happen with a full tank, near empty tank or anywhere in between. How do I check the gas tank? Is that something the dealership will do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check the throttle input. You can pull it up on the Cobb access. You may have a bad potentiometer that doesn't send a signal to the computer, but only at certain throttle positions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Update:

Took the car to a different dealership, after them having the car for 2 days and driving it for 60+ miles they eventually got the car to reproduce the issue. They claimed that injector 1 and 4 were doing "something strange" and so they have replaced these parts. "Performed EEC self test, no codes. Performed koer test no codes. Visual inspection no issues. Inspected all wiring and connectors all ok. checked coil packs, ok, checked plugs, had just been replaced, checked gaps ok. Mode 6 data showed cylinder 1 and 4 misfires. Found Fuel system PID going into ol-fault and injector fault PID indicating fault. Performed high pressure fuel system test - pass. Injectors 1 and 4 visually ok. Injectors sticking causing misfires. Replaced injectors."

The car seems to be driving better and generally feels smoother. Will keep monitoring since as they claim the issue could still be present, but this at least seems to have fixed something so there is progress!

Parts replaced for injector 1 and 4:
BB5Z-9F953-B
BG9Z-9229-A
CJ5Z-9J323-B

·
Registered
844 Posts
So i got p0300 random misfire the p0302 misfire cyl 2. Change plugs no change. Coils no change. Said **** injectors or caked valves. Got the purge valve code. Changed the price valve and everything is great. No misfire stuttering runs great again. 40 dollar part and 15 min job. Go figure. Glad i didn't buy injectors. Lol...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
11 Participants
909cobra
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing