Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
I am looking at buying a 2014 ST3 from out of state. It only has ~20k miles on it. Like the majority of you guys, I like to do some research on a car before I purchase it. Everything looks good except I don't know to much about the Deadhook Motorsports parts. Also, I'm concerned if the engine can handle all the power that has been bolted onto it as I can't tell if the bottom end is built to withstand the higher hp. I can't contact DHM because... well... they're closed now and their site is down. So I'm hoping someone can give me some insight to what I might be getting myself into. Thanks in advance!
-Vince

Drivetrain:
Fullrace 6758 / Fullrace charge pipes / Fullrace intake tube / Fullrace downpipe / Stratified auxiliary fuel kit 4 port / Deadhook motorsports 2.0L Pro-stock Ecoboost engine (600hp+) no balance shaft, 7qt oil / Deadhook Motorsports Stage 1 Cylinder head / Deadhook Front mount Intercooler / Deadhook motorsports dual catch can with auto drain / Injen fill 3 inch ss catback / Perm PVC plate system / Steeda CAI Box / Quaife ATB limited slip differential / ACT race 6 puck clutch disk / ACT street flywheel*

Tuning:
Stratified via Cobb Protune / Two fuel types pump 91 oct-E50 blend / 91 oct = 320HP-350TQ / E50=460HP/450TQ \

Outside:
Triple R splitter / Shark Antenna / RAYS 57RD 18x5.5, Nitro NT01 245 40 18*

Inside:
Boom short shifter / Boosted designs dead pedal

Chassis:
Wilwood BBK 6 puck superlight / Mevotech cast aluminum front control arms / Steeda sway bar F/R / Steeda sway bar end links F/R / Steeda Dumpster kit / CP-e Stage 2 rear motor mount / CP-e stage 2 driver 50d mount / CP-e stage 2 passenger 50d mount / RS-R I-sport damper adjust Coilovers / Deadhook motorsports F/R crash bars

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts
I mean if you want a daily driver this isn’t really a daily driver car. Deadhook is out of business now last I heard.
Car looks and probably drives like a beast, but that’s a lot of upgrades and I’m sure the car was beat to sh**

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hey, it's worth a shot to contact ecobeast shop (EcoBeast Shop). That is the new deadhook motorsports company. Just saw the thread posted earlier today regarding that. Maybe that can help you with whatever questions you need answered.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Looks like a great vehicle from just what you've said.
As for the built motor... DHM clearly didn't have a good reputation in that department.
Price dependant on that car, I would hop on it.

All the mods on it, it was clearly beat up but even buying one that is being sold as "Stock" was probably parted back out to stock and beat up anyway.
A lot of quality parts on there. Looks really clean.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yeah. Someone didn't skimp on quality of parts when they modded that car. It was definitely an extensive project, you might even find a build thread on it.

"Ford doesn't care 'bout ST owners." - daveST?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like a great vehicle from just what you've said.
As for the built motor... DHM clearly didn't have a good reputation in that department.
Price dependant on that car, I would hop on it.

All the mods on it, it was clearly beat up but even buying one that is being sold as "Stock" was probably parted back out to stock and beat up anyway.
A lot of quality parts on there. Looks really clean.
They are asking $19.5k for it. Seems like a pretty good deal for what's done to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah. Someone didn't skimp on quality of parts when they modded that car. It was definitely an extensive project, you might even find a build thread on it.

"Ford doesn't care 'bout ST owners." - daveST?
Any concerns with the bottom half of the motor? I know internals are important when you start running higher hp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, it's worth a shot to contact ecobeast shop (EcoBeast Shop). That is the new deadhook motorsports company. Just saw the thread posted earlier today regarding that. Maybe that can help you with whatever questions you need answered.
Great suggestion. I've reached out to Russ from DHM, but haven't got a response from him yet. I couldn't find ANY info on the DHM cylinder head.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Any concerns with the bottom half of the motor? I know internals are important when you start running higher hp.

I'm not the one to ask about the built motor, I was referring to most of the other parts. It seems like where there was choice between cheap and expensive, the answer was expensive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever purchase this ? I’m looking at this exact car to buy but am a little Curious on the reliability in how modified it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts