Ford Focus ST Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

Registered
2014.5 ST3: 200 cell DP, res delete, MBRP intake, charge pipes/tubing, random other stuff
Drive cycle didn't work; mind you this is actually pretty hard to do even at 10PM on a weeknight. I'll continue to monitor the OBDII conditions and report back. Gonna be checking my AP3 like a madman lmfao. Worst-case I'll just say **** it and put in the medium one. I shall prevail 馃槫馃槫馃槫馃槫

Registered
2014.5 ST3: 200 cell DP, res delete, MBRP intake, charge pipes/tubing, random other stuff
Drove around like a madman.
When you're done can you post up what insert you used with the Mountune DP and whether it threw a code or not. I will be installing mine at some point and was going to use the middle one but will wait and see how yours turns out. :p
Drove around like a madman and all of my I/M indicators are ready. Large restrictor is GTG for the Mountune DP.

Registered
Drove around like a madman.

Drove around like a madman and all of my I/M indicators are ready. Large restrictor is GTG for the Mountune DP.
So you used the restrictor that is run with catless downpipes? Why not use the middle one?

Registered
I would think The biggest restriction one should be used with catless to slow it down and restrict the exhaust emission going to he sensor and the middle should be used with a 100-200 cell and the smallest restriction with biggest opening for flow should be for the 400 cell or greater :unsure:

Registered
I would think The biggest restriction one should be used with catless to slow it down and restrict the exhaust emission going to he sensor and the middle should be used with a 100-200 cell and the smallest restriction with biggest opening for flow should be for the 400 cell or greater :unsure:
Other way around. The smallest one would be for Catless DP. It seems really finicky; largely dependent on how long you've had the cat and what you've used it for/with i.e. specific tune/fuel and fuel additives/WMI/track days. Mine only threw a code after having it tuned and I'm fairly certain the software I had on prior was stock. My DP has been on for a while, but I would suggest you go with the widest one for 200 cell, then middle for 100 cell, and most-restrictive for Catless DP. If your stock DP craps out then I would go no-restrictor, but if that's the case it's probably cheaper to run a 100-cell. All trial and error TBH.

Registered
So...despite getting all of my I/Ms working I managed to get popped by the local Smog guy who charged me $100 only to fail visual and then record it, which is uncommon. Usually they just do a visual free of charge. Since it was failed as "tampered" I have no choice but to go back to a stock DP for the retest. Sucks because I don't have the stock cat.

If anyone is looking to get rid of their stock DP at a good or even charitable price, please lmk.

Registered
So...despite getting all of my I/Ms working I managed to get popped by the local Smog guy who charged me $100 only to fail visual and then record it, which is uncommon. Usually they just do a visual free of charge. Since it was failed as "tampered" I have no choice but to go back to a stock DP for the retest. Sucks because I don't have the stock cat.

If anyone is looking to get rid of their stock DP at a good or even charitable price, please lmk.
Too bad.

People's Republik of Kalifornia?

Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
Reactions: CryMeARiver

Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
Reactions: CryMeARiver
61 - 74 of 74 Posts