Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's my wife's car and this is the third set of rotors the car has managed to warp. (she is not a spirited driver)

First set: OE with OE pads
Second set: Slotted rotors from Autozone (I don't believe they were actually Autozone brand though). I did use Autozone pads at that point though.
Third set: Standard rotors and new pads again from Autozone.

I see the common thread of Autozone crap, so I definitely plan on going away from that. But I want the problem to be solved. I don't have a lot of experience in the brake world as I have always just used the junk on my old truck and car. I have yet to replace them on the ST.

It's just an everyday driver for her, but our environment is extremely hot. I was looking at some of the EBC stuff but like I said I only know what I have seen on TV and in the magazines. Any input and education would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
06 fusion I know of (my mothers) eats brakes too. And ECU's but that's a different story

Subd for solution
I haven't had any ECU issues. Only problem I have had is interior door handles and the brake problem. Other than that it has been a reliable car.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Front or rear? The rear brakes are usually the cause of brake pulsation which is unusual. We have owned 5 Fusions over the years and everyone had rear brake issues.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Front is the issue. Our has been in the past. But now that you say that, I'm worrying about the rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts