Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where you can purchase a key fob from? Besides paying retail at the dealer. Only have one key fob for a 2014, I need to find a second one. Before I lose the only one I have and then I'm up a creek without a paddle.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Does anybody know where you can purchase a key fob from? Besides paying retail at the dealer. Only have one key fob for a 2014, I need to find a second one. Before I lose the only one I have and then I'm up a creek without a paddle.

Thanks in advance for the replies.
Either buy an ST key FOB from someone who has a totaled car or go to Ford and spend the $1xx or so dollars to get a new one, your only options I'm afraid. They have to program it, no one else. If you buy another one from someone else you save some money and they just have to program it for you and they will still charge you for that

·
Registered
331 Posts
Either buy an ST key FOB from someone who has a totaled car or go to Ford and spend the $1xx or so dollars to get a new one, your only options I'm afraid. They have to program it, no one else. If you buy another one from someone else you save some money and they just have to program it for you and they will still charge you for that
Yup has to be programmed by the dealer anyways. You can try ebay to find the fob cheaper but you will still need to have it programmed. Otherwise you just have a key fob paperweight.

·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that's not the news I was looking for

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
While still not cheap, any locksmith or mechanic with the correct scan tool can program keys. However this is why it pays to have a good relationship with a dealer, you can often get them to discount the service if you do business with them. I've got them to go ahead and do it for me while I was having some other service done at the same time.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts