Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title pretty much says it all. I need to put a new air box in as Ford cracked mine and it will not seal properly. I like the RS box for its looks but do not want to deal with added heat. I see some people are getting the RS lid but then sealing the top?? Why get the lid at all unless its for aesthetics.
I run a K&N filter closed end filter. Should I get the new RS box or just get another stock ST box?

Thanks for the help.

Owen

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
I broke the mounting leg/bracket on my stock box a month back, so I order the RS box. The stock lid/cover will fit on the RS box. You can find the RS setup for around $70 on eBay.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Don't over think it. If you want the sound get the RS, if not get the ST air box.

All the people worrying about heat, it's only when you are at a traffic light in the middle of summer that it gets warm, once moving it's irrelevant. If the heat were such an issue the new RS would have an ST air box, but they don't.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I broke the mounting leg/bracket on my stock box a month back, so I order the RS box. The stock lid/cover will fit on the RS box. You can find the RS setup for around $70 on eBay.
Ha I thought I was the only one who broke the leg bracket. I just picked up a replacement from ford parts. It was under $20 for the bottom half. The lid is probably around the same price.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Ha I thought I was the only one who broke the leg bracket. I just picked up a replacement from ford parts. It was under $20 for the bottom half. The lid is probably around the same price.
Holy crap, I couldn't find the lower tray on the Ford parts website. Wish I would have, as the lower tray is about $13 not including shipping. Could have saved a few bucks on that. Well, at least I know now, so when I break the leg on the RS box I won't have to buy the whole thing (again)!:haha:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts