Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is being posted in the wrong section, anyways I ordered aluminum shift bracket bushings from Fswerks and I'm following the instructions for installation but I can't get off the shift cable that sits facing sideways, I've tried a large flat head, hammer claw and a few other tools but I don't want to break it, anyone install these bushings and have a tip for getting shift cable off ? Any info would be appreciated

·
Registered
380 Posts
maybe a little silicon spray if you have any or wd-40. they are tight. get steady pressure prying on it then "jolt" the pry tool it should pop right off. good luck

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Are you talking about the cable on the bracket; or you can't remove the end from the pivot pin?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I may be thinking of the wrong thing, but doesn't the cable have a part that slides back that allows it to just slide off? When I did my short shifter install, I had a lot of trouble getting those cables off until I realized how it worked.

Reactions: Cowlynz

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may be thinking of the wrong thing, but doesn't the cable have a part that slides back that allows it to just slide off? When I did my short shifter install, I had a lot of trouble getting those cables off until I realized how it worked.
You're referring to the part of the shift cable that sits in the shift bracket , I can get that off no problem , it's the end of it near the shift arm I'm having trouble with that's on the little pivot ball bolt piece

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yeah one more question since we are on the topic of the short shifter, did you guys use locktite on the pivot pin that adjust the throw ? I put mine on 40% but didn't put any locktite on it since I might want to change it later down the road but I'm a bit nervous that it can possibly unthread while I'm driving

1 - 8 of 8 Posts