Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving the daily (2000 Subaru Forester S) as it is AWD and has really good seasonable tires for the rain we were getting today. I was in the fast line going around 68-70 mph, looked over my right shoulder to get over and heard a noise. As I looked back forward it too me a second to notice my windshield wipers had stopped working. I couldn't see a damn thing. I threw on the hazards and got over to the shoulder. It was 6:15 am this morning and raining its ass off so I wasn't about to get out to see what the problem was. I happened to make it up to the next exit on the highway to a gas station. Called the wife and had her come get me. Ended up leaving the car there and filling in the gas station owner with the situation. Ill get it tonight when I'm off work and it isn't raining. Positive note the ST still makes me smile every time I drive it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Why you no RainX? images.jpg

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
RainX is good stuff.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Yes to Rain X. The harder it is raining and the faster one is going the clearer the windshield!!!
One BIG problem for new users of Rain X is a fog like film left with the wipers..
This is a problem cause by not cleaning the windshield well enough. a layer of 'grease' under the Rain X will cause the fog effect.
All the other same type products also are very good. They may last longer, but cost many times more.
I very rainy areas, the Rain X may need o be applied weekly.. (or more)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly the rain x was never applied to this windshield. I just had it replaced a little bit ago by safelite and the vehicle had been down after that since I was doing the rear breaks, belts and some other maintenance it needed. This was really 1 of maybe 5 times I have driven it since it has been back up and running. I will for sure be getting some rain-x on it tonight when I pick it up.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Honestly the rain x was never applied to this windshield. I just had it replaced a little bit ago by safelite and the vehicle had been down after that since I was doing the rear breaks, belts and some other maintenance it needed. This was really 1 of maybe 5 times I have driven it since it has been back up and running. I will for sure be getting some rain-x on it tonight when I pick it up.
I traded my wife's old Outback for the ST... I understand the 'other' repairs that get in the way.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I traded my wife's old Outback for the ST... I understand the 'other' repairs that get in the way.
Oh man my Forester is my tank, 197K strong. It just needed some maintenance is all. Nothing major, I was just enjoying the time with the ST this summer and hadnt really dont the work. It is also my KC Chiefs tailgate-mobile as I call it for game day Sundays at Arrowhead. So the work needed to be done for the start of the season.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts