Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have always had Mustangs, V8 Mustangs with power. Fast forward to now and I have a wife and 2 kids. I can no longer fight the need for a daddy mobile so that leaves me at getting a 4 door with enough room for a stroller.

Around $24k is my budget and I spent the last few days looking at new RAV4's, Escapes, etc... Then I remembered how much I loved the Focus ST. A quick look at their MSRP and now my mind is made and a breath of relief has come over me!

My question though is I'm reading slight rumors of a possible upgrade in 2018. I will be looking at getting one as soon as I sell my Mustang and daily driver so I figure, summer or something like that. What would you guys do? 2017 or 2018?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Me personally I would look at the used market. Try finding a 15-16 that is used maybe in ST2 or ST3 trim. More features for lower price etc. For instance, I got my 14 ST with ST3 Package 15,400 Miles on the odometer for $18,000. There is good deals out there just have to look for them. If you are dead set on a new one that is a different story.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I also have a wife, a 7 year old & 4 year old daughters with my son due in may. My daughters and their booster seats fit pretty easy in the back seat. I have put groceries in the trunk as well, they fit nice. I do however have a daily driver so my ST doesn't get fully loaded with the family as often though.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Yeah I also got a 2014 last June for 20k with like 15k miles on it ST3 package in PERFECT condition minus swirls in a few locations in the pain (which is to be expected) and it had everything (even has the sunroof) but the backup camera and heated steering wheel. No doubt you could get a 2015 ST3 with both those things for the same price now that the 2017 is out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never had a new car or a garage before. Kinda like the idea of having a car to keep for a while that was NO ONE'S but mine and I can take care of and garage shelter it, you know? I'm not against the idea of a used car but with a sporty car like these I don't want to get into a car that has had 13,000 miles worth of clutch dumps and unsafe tune until they decide to sell it.

HOWEVER with a new car the modding bug will be hard to fight with the factory warranty, which will suck big time.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've never had a new car or a garage before. Kinda like the idea of having a car to keep for a while that was NO ONE'S but mine and I can take care of and garage shelter it, you know? I'm not against the idea of a used car but with a sporty car like these I don't want to get into a car that has had 13,000 miles worth of clutch dumps and unsafe tune until they decide to sell it.

HOWEVER with a new car the modding bug will be hard to fight with the factory warranty, which will suck big time.
It is a double edge sword. My ST was a one owner un moddified. I had the dealership check the bolt markings on the downpipe etc. to make sure they had never been removed. I know I will mod my car but I still bought the extra warranty to cover me for 6 year/ 100K miles. That is for the, well I know my intake didnt make windshield wipers stop working so lets take it in type stuff. I wanted a brand new one as well but I could sacrifice the 15K miles and previous owner to save $6,000.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another thing is I don't want the leather Recaros. I'm a very light weight/basic/less things to go wrong type guy. Right now my daily driver has no A/C, no P/S, no ABS, no power locks...and I love it.

So looking on Ford's site if I ordered one now I'd order the 401A equipment group. I like cloth seats and I like sunroofs...So that is where I'd land.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm temped go sell my 2015 ST3 TB, fully loaded, stage 3 bolted e30 tuned, 8200mi. Weekend driver and Autocross only. Garage kept. But I want atleast 21-22k, I don't want to remove anything, easily 4K+ in upgrades also it still has the "platinum" extended warranty from Ford.

Lutz, Fl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm temped go sell my 2015 ST3 TB, fully loaded, stage 3 bolted e30 tuned, 8200mi. Weekend driver and Autocross only. Garage kept. But I want atleast 21-22k, I don't want to remove anything, easily 4K+ in upgrades also it still has the "platinum" extended warranty from Ford.

Lutz, Fl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wasn't really looking to start a WTB thread.....

·
Registered
381 Posts
Has there really been any news on what's new/different about the 2018s? Are we even sure there is going to be a 2018 ST? The last I heard was that 2018 will be the complete focus redesign, and unless Ford pulls a Subaru and uses an older body style for the ST, I am assuming there will be another year or two wait until the ST versions get out.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Has there really been any news on what's new/different about the 2018s? Are we even sure there is going to be a 2018 ST? The last I heard was that 2018 will be the complete focus redesign, and unless Ford pulls a Subaru and uses an older body style for the ST, I am assuming there will be another year or two wait until the ST versions get out.
I think it remains unchanged until 2019. Rumor I heard at least said that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If I were you I would look around 300 mile radius for deals on an 16' or 17' ST1 if you really want one now. I bought mine in late January brand new for $18,600, which is a screaming good deal. If you can hold out until they announce the new gen, which I don't see being announced till late this year at the earliest, then do so. Ford might have a surprise for us up their sleeve or not, like the FiST... I wasn't very impressed by it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well you guys, one thing is for sure. If I do get a new one now I'm certain the next one released will look much better and get a twin turbo V6 while still weighing the same somehow.

That is my luck anyways.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think you're out of luck if you want a '17 (or '18, probably) with the base package with the cloth seats and a sunroof. I hurried to buy my '16 because I did not want leather (and I really did not want a Sony stereo) after all my research showed that Ford made a change for '17s which forces you to get ST2 or ST3 if you want the sunroof. I could be proven wrong but I'm fairly sure on this.
You might need to locate a leftover '16 and in my area I got beaten to about four base model sunroofed cars by other buyers. Had to go all the way from NY to Chicago to find one in stock but maybe leftovers are still plentiful in other areas of the country.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Ford is really p*ssing me off with their FoST pricing.

Everything's bundled and it makes no sense.

Want navigation? ST 3. Don't need heated seats in Florida? Tough $hit buckaroo.

I have no problem bundling options in packages to lower the price, but when you completely eliminate al a carte options, it's stupid.

What If I want Cloth seats with Sirius XM and a moon roof? Not possible. What if I want leather Recaros but no skylight....Not possible.

I'm glad I was able to get my ST1 with a moon roof. I added third party lighting and sirius XM. Pretty much love the car as it is. Hope I don't wreck it because I wouldn't be able to replace it. Makes me almost want to go with a FiST

1 - 20 of 43 Posts