Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night I was trying to enter a destination into the navigation by voice and the entire MyFordTouch system freezes and won't do anything.. I turned off the car, waited a hour, and the screen was still frozen. I thought I was going to have to disconnect the battery but this morning it started working again..

Very strange and a little frustrating because I actually needed it last night and had to resort back to my phone for directions.

myfordtouch-lockup.jpg

^^^ Nothing would get it off this screen..

·
Registered
675 Posts
And an issue with having a computer in your car!

·
Registered
137 Posts
This whole system is very fickle and has a mind of it's own. I have had several freezes and lock-ups. My biggest is out of the blue the time will be like 2 hours off. What do you expect when Microsoft is involved.

·
Registered
915 Posts
i told ya they freeze,have had to call sync several times!! master reset is what i've had to do

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
I took mine to the dealership this morning for the same thing! I started having a few issues yesterday (not reading texts, wouldn't complete phone call, etc) The dealership offers SYNC classes every Saturday, so I went. I told him what was going on and after trying a few things, we pulled the positive cable off the battery to reset it. Works like a charm now. He said he had to do the same thing on his and it's been good for about 4 months. We'll see.

I'm also going to have them look at the hood and see if they can adjust it to remove the gap.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I took mine to the dealership this morning for the same thing! I started having a few issues yesterday (not reading texts, wouldn't complete phone call, etc) The dealership offers SYNC classes every Saturday, so I went. I told him what was going on and after trying a few things, we pulled the positive cable off the battery to reset it. Works like a charm now. He said he had to do the same thing on his and it's been good for about 4 months. We'll see.

I'm also going to have them look at the hood and see if they can adjust it to remove the gap.
i dont see the problem with the "gap", and i guess unhooking the battery would be the same as maintenance on your cell phone, they recommend taking the battery out once a week in those as well...

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
i dont see the problem with the "gap", and i guess unhooking the battery would be the same as maintenance on your cell phone, they recommend taking the battery out once a week in those as well...
I guess it is how tolerant you are of the "gap". Dan's has it too. It obviously shows up more on lighter colors. It is noticeable. But I don't know if it would bother me enough to have them tinker with it. Potentially making something worse. I'm sure Ford will say it is within the +/- tolerance levels anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts