Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is how you enter the MFT diagnostic mode in order to calibrate the touch screen. Before this my touches were too high and I was always missing buttons. There is quite a lot of other information there too. Haven't had time to play with it much. Have fun. Be careful...

To enter MFT diagnostic mode:
- Take out any CD's
- Set to AM/FM mode
- Press and hold CD eject button
- A second or two later press the right button on the center console (ie next song)
- Hold both until diagnostic screen comes up

Source: How to put MFT - MyFord Touch into diagnostics mode - Ford Explorer & Ranger Resource "Serious Explorations"®

To calibrate the screen:
- Click/touch/poke APIM. This should be the topmost button
- Screen calibration button is on the right
- You will be asked to touch a series of points
- After this it will tell you to press Enter or Esc to accept or reject. Ignore that and poke the screen to go back
- There is another button for testing the screen calibration. This is a grid which will highlight the grid cells that you touch
- You'll probably have to do this again after a system update

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks for this posting saved me a trip to the dealer updated sync to latest firmware and it threw the touch screen out of wack. Everything was reversed this forum is great

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is how you enter the MFT diagnostic mode in order to calibrate the touch screen. Before this my touches were too high and I was always missing buttons. There is quite a lot of other information there too. Haven't had time to play with it much. Have fun. Be careful...

To enter MFT diagnostic mode:
  • Take out any CD's
  • Set to AM/FM mode
  • Press and hold CD eject button
  • A second or two later press the right button on the center console (ie next song)
  • Hold both until diagnostic screen comes up

Source: How to put MFT - MyFord Touch into diagnostics mode - Ford Explorer & Ranger Resource "Serious Explorations"®

To calibrate the screen:
  • Click/touch/poke APIM. This should be the topmost button
  • Screen calibration button is on the right
  • You will be asked to touch a series of points
  • After this it will tell you to press Enter or Esc to accept or reject. Ignore that and poke the screen to go back
  • There is another button for testing the screen calibration. This is a grid which will highlight the grid cells that you touch
  • You'll probably have to do this again after a system update
But how do you do this when the touchscreen calibration is way off? Any manual controls?
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts