Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
11903550_10206027581585887_1143209210_n (1).jpg

11908216_10206027581545886_1066500937_n.jpg

Ive been around for a little while now and never truly made a build thread for my ST ( aside from my instagram ) so decided i'd post my current project here.
Here's my 1985 MX73 Cressida 177k miles strong that i picked up this past week. A lot of people who don't know much about cressida's in general always ask me why i'd bother making a project car out of it, although opinions differ its one special ride in my eyes known as the Mark ll in japan, and sharing many of the same guts and internals as the MK1 and MK2 supra over the years, along with it being eons ahead of its time with having power windows, sunroof, cruise control, Toyota's infamous but interesting TEMS ( Toyota Electronic Modulated Suspension ), and many other features that left a huge smile on my face ( the cassette player that had a few Christmas tapes being my favorite lol ) the appeal definitely left an impression the more i learned.

As far as plans go, as of now restoring it to its former glory is at the top of my list... BUT down the road a 2JZGTE engine swap sounds more than appropriate once we iron out the minor issues. So here's to a lot of thrown tools and late nights with my new mistress!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
This will be interesting, specially after you put in that 2JZ.

The body looks clean too. I'd drive it!

·
Super Moderator
6,585 Posts
Hey, audio cassettes are making a come back with the young hip music crowd, much as vinyl records have. Awarmth that digital audio just can't match...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Is the plug coming out of the grill an engine block heater? Sorry, born and raised in CA I never get to see that.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Is the plug coming out of the grill an engine block heater? Sorry, born and raised in CA I never get to see that.
That's what they usually look like, for sure! Although I thought they were only used with diesel's (?), but I could be mistaken with older engines

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Block heater, battery heater, oil pan heater, and trickle charger.. My ST has the same its a necessity because of how extreme the temperature drops in the winter here in Alaska.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what they usually look like, for sure! Although I thought they were only used with diesel's (?), but I could be mistaken with older engines
In some places yes, but here everything is winterized otherwise you'll be left with a dead car in the winter lol.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This will be interesting, specially after you put in that 2JZ.

The body looks clean too. I'd drive it!
In stock form its definitely a blast to drive, i'll try and get more pics posted here its obvious it was a well taken care of car. And I debated between Toyotas 1uz out of the LS400 and the 2Jz..... Something about a JDM V8 just makes me all tingly lol

·
Registered
223 Posts
In some places yes, but here everything is winterized otherwise you'll be left with a dead car in the winter lol.
Oh that's right!! My apologies didn't even see you were still in AK. That makes sense though. I remember seeing a docu on the "coldest town in Russia" where gas stations have to be open 24/7 because if you kill your engine/ran out of gas, it would be near impossible to start it up again. Wild!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome, looking forward to the build. I was stationed at Wainwright from 06-10 minus a year in the desert.
Some of the best friends i've made here in Alaska are the Soldiers on fort Wainwright !! how did you like it when you were there?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts