Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,825 Posts
Just saying, this thread, next greatest poker game 2021?
Over my arthritic, abused, bullet ridden corpse...!

Reactions: sttwoton and Skykri

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
The bunnies on the OP's cheeks in his profile pic indicate a possible pattern of bad decisions...
And the fact that he willingly used it as a profile pic doesn’t speak flattering things.

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
244 Posts
And the fact that he willingly used it as a profile pic doesn’t speak flattering things.
Plus... he bought a Slocus ST. We have a profile on the suspect.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Just saying, this thread, next greatest poker game 2021?
Anyone?
I still haven't recovered yet, lol.

And to the OP,
You were doing a burnout in the snow and it sounds like your turbo took a dirt nap. You can't really blame the dealer/brand or whatever. Doesn't really make sense.
Best of luck getting it resolved, but it sounds like you'll be doing a motor swap soon. Search around on here, there's lots of good info!
Keep us updated on your progress!
I was told I had no warranty if I had know I woulda blown it up instead of taking care of it, that was the only time I hit the red line

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

the two ton option has a little more reach. might be nice. I was fine with the 1 ton option.
You'll definitely want one of these. and a junkyard Ecoboost pulled from a vehicle in the "CHEAP motor swap option" thread.

I'd say don't pay for a shop to swap in a new motor. buy a lift for $150 and DIY.
take the Axles out, Downpipe off, charge pipes off, shift linkages off, and wiring harness off. take the hood off and pull it out.

Good luck
Thank you sir this was actually pretty helpful

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,825 Posts
Man apparently everyone is really concerned about my profile picture
Yeah, I think you missed the point of all this.
You're welcome back in 3.
When you do return be prepared to contribute, because if you think people here are giving you crap now?

Reactions: Blackula

·
Registered
2013 ST2, AGP BWS turbo, SP63 block
233 Posts
Blew it up before owning it for one month
you're alright guy. hooning is fun but s*** breaks. they're mass production cars not rally cars.
fixing stuff is also fun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
One-hundred and sixteen thousand miles. Unknown how the FoST was treated by it's previous caretakers. The word lemon should not even come into this discussion. Having said that, I feel for you. Back in ancient times (March of 1982 to be precise) I had my 1980 Mustang Turbo drop a valve in cylinder #4, $2500.00 later (about 10 grand today) car was back in my hands. Hope you get back on the road soon!

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,825 Posts
One-hundred and sixteen thousand miles. Unknown how the FoST was treated by it's previous caretakers. The word lemon should not even come into this discussion. Having said that, I feel for you. Back in ancient times (March of 1982 to be precise) I had my 1980 Mustang Turbo drop a valve in cylinder #4, $2500.00 later (about 10 grand today) car was back in my hands. Hope you get back on the road soon!
I don't know what I like about this the post the most. I'm trying to decide between the fact that you stated the obvious, or that you adjusted for inflation. LMAO!

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,825 Posts
Cute tho <3
You made me chuckle and in doing so the OP's post will be waiting for them upon return from their hiatus.

·
2,045 Posts
Ah! The GT Turbo! I know one guy with one of those, '84 i think it is. '85 it turned into the SVO if memory serves.

Reactions: junits15
41 - 60 of 88 Posts