Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
I’ve always wanted to know how seriously dealerships would take complaints from someone who had red playboy bunnies painted on their face.

I guess I know now!! :giggle:

·
Super Moderator
8,251 Posts
Yeah the dealer has made it clear they don’t want to help me but I’m going to raise some hell over this
Going to raise hell because the dealer gave you a 3 month warranty and you blew your engine up after the 3 months? I don't think you have much of a case here.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I think you’ve come to the wrong place for any sympathy, we’re all generally very careful with our cars, like most enthusiasts, bouncing off the Rev limiter is something we wouldn’t do.

LOL! speak for yourself! We Americans do things a little differently ;)

The more I beat on my car the stronger it gets :cool:

·
Premium Member
675 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
He stated, "I pulled out cylinder ones spark plug and there’s oil on it, oil levels barely reading but the coolant isn’t empty, was in test mode and the odo in test mode says my car has 187k but my car says it has 116k ".

? Odometer rollback?

·
Super Moderator
8,251 Posts
He stated, "I pulled out cylinder ones spark plug and there’s oil on it, oil levels barely reading but the coolant isn’t empty, was in test mode and the odo in test mode says my car has 187k but my car says it has 116k ".

? Odometer rollback?
Test mode is in kilometers, odometer is in miles- 187,000 km = 116,000 miles.

Reactions: Caleb ST1 and W4R

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Yeah sounds like I must’ve just got stuck with a ****in lemon
IDK, this sounds a bit self inflicted vs a lemon...

Either way, a build or a new motor is in your future

Good luck, learn from your mistakes

·
Registered
340 Posts
Car didn’t keep running or i shut it off, either way it didn’t run after that point but I do plan to get it diagnosed was just seeing if I could find anything more helpful in here because I don’t have a job as of right now
I sympathize as I am in the same boat at the moment. Sucks about the dealership but if you are over the warranty and didn't address any issues beforehand, you're likely hosed.
You're about to learn a whole bunch about wrenching your own car I suspect. Lucky for you there is a ton of resources to help; I'd suggest you listen to what the people here have to say.

·
Registered
2013 ST2, AGP BWS turbo, SP63 block
233 Posts

the two ton option has a little more reach. might be nice. I was fine with the 1 ton option.
You'll definitely want one of these. and a junkyard Ecoboost pulled from a vehicle in the "CHEAP motor swap option" thread.

I'd say don't pay for a shop to swap in a new motor. buy a lift for $150 and DIY.
take the Axles out, Downpipe off, charge pipes off, shift linkages off, and wiring harness off. take the hood off and pull it out.

Good luck

Reactions: rob99rt

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had these exact same symptoms. In my case, I had just gotten the car, it was running great for 2 weeks. I finally got comfortable enough to really give the car hell. Did so once, then on my trip home, the turbo didn't spool up at all and the engine went into limp mode twice. I limped into my driveway and called my mechanic. Turns out, in my case, the heater core hose was installed backwards by some idiot before I bought the car. This hose blew off when I gave it hell and dumped my coolant. From there, it's the same as any car without coolant. Blown head gasket. Cracked head. $4200 repair bill and that was WITH my family discount.

As far as your warranty is concerned, you're welcome to fight it, but I'll tell you what I was told. They'll read the car's computer and see it was bounced off the rev limiter and overheating. Then they'll tell you that these two indicate you were driving the car poorly and that warranty won't cover that. I know because they tried to tell me the same thing. I ended up getting through to them, though.

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,825 Posts
Well seeing as the OP has been a member a few months has only started this **** show and really isn't contributing to help learn or resolve the issue (of which is 100% their own fault) I will be starting a count down to 388.

Not going to say when or how long.

J

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
These type of threads really spice things up around here.

Good luck op!

Post pictures of the carnage i wanna see how bad it is

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Just saying, this thread, next greatest poker game 2021?
Anyone?
I still haven't recovered yet, lol.

And to the OP,
You were doing a burnout in the snow and it sounds like your turbo took a dirt nap. You can't really blame the dealer/brand or whatever. Doesn't really make sense.
Best of luck getting it resolved, but it sounds like you'll be doing a motor swap soon. Search around on here, there's lots of good info!
Keep us updated on your progress!

Reactions: Coolpool

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well seeing as the OP has been a member a few months has only started this **** show and really isn't contributing to help learn or resolve the issue (of which is 100% their own fault) I will be starting a count down to 388.

Not going to say when or how long.

J
All I'm sayin' is, I thought this was a ... EHEM, less than genuine story to start out with.
"I chucked a couple rods bouncing off the rev limiter while abusing my car out of warranty and I'm mad the dealer won't fix it"
If the story is actually true, well, I dunno what to even say man.

21 - 40 of 88 Posts