Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a 2016 focus ST from the dealership about a month ago, smacked redline doing a burnout and it started vibrating lost power and then dumped oil and possibly coolant all over. I drove over the 3k miles that my warranty aloud so the dealer isn’t helping me at all and basically eject me from the building and redirect my calls all day. I’m afraid I could’ve blown my engine because it will not run, previous to it happening I got a oil change and noticed oil leaking around the turbo but in most cases where it was just turbo it went into limp mode (from reading forums and asking friends). If anyone knows what’s going on or has experienced this id appreciate the feedback greatly
Edit:
I pulled out cylinder ones spark plug and there’s oil on it, oil levels barely reading but the coolant isn’t empty, was in test mode and the odo in test mode says my car has 187k but my car says it has 116k 😪

·
2,069 Posts
So you knew it had an oil leak but ignored that and went ahead and did rev-limiter burnouts anyway?

Pics from the underside with the shield off would help, but the general conclusion is your bottom end turned into road debris.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
As Ol' DW used to say: "You got too many parts in your oil pan".

·
Registered
2016 ST1, FBO, GTX2867R Gen2 .64-AR, Spec stage 2 clutch, Quaife LSD, Fortune Auto 500 coil-overs.
172 Posts
If your warranty is up the dealer isnt going to do anything for you unless you pay them. Find a good local mechanic to tear it apart and diagnose it. Whatever it is, it isnt good.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, Dual OCCs, Innovative RMM, JBR Intake & SS Arm, 245/40R18
345 Posts
I had an old 79 Toyota wagon with a 20R with a 5 spd. Bought with around 200,000 mi. Sellers said had a head job before and ran well. One of my favorite cars ever.

Eventually I decided to reseal the oil pan a few years later, and I found a number of metal pieces in there. One looked like a small portion of the distributor gear 😁

·
Registered
905 Posts
Did you do a compression test? I'm guessing if coolant and oil are leaking after redline and then engine shudder, your pistons/ringlands are hosed - or one of the many issues you may have.

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,840 Posts
I'm guessing that he's blown the guts of that K03 all over the ground.

·
Registered
340 Posts
So, after you puked oil and coolant over the ground I'm assuming you shut the car down Did you check your levels before trying to restart it? What did the engine compartment look like? If it turned over you didn't seize the engine but I agree your turbo is probably toast at the very least. Get it towed to a good mechanic.. If you don't know enough to not knowingly thrash a leaking turbo engine, you probably don't have the skills to unfuck your car.. I'm not trying to be insulting, just honest.
FWIW, It is good you are seeking advice!

·
Super Moderator
8,263 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, after you puked oil and coolant over the ground I'm assuming you shut the car down Did you check your levels before trying to restart it? What did the engine compartment look like? If it turned over you didn't seize the engine but I agree your turbo is probably toast at the very least. Get it towed to a good mechanic.. If you don't know enough to not knowingly thrash a leaking turbo engine, you probably don't have the skills to unfuck your car.. I'm not trying to be insulting, just honest.
FWIW, It is good you are seeking advice!
Car didn’t keep running or i shut it off, either way it didn’t run after that point but I do plan to get it diagnosed was just seeing if I could find anything more helpful in here because I don’t have a job as of right now

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did you do a compression test? I'm guessing if coolant and oil are leaking after redline and then engine shudder, your pistons/ringlands are hosed - or one of the many issues you may have.
Yeah sounds like I must’ve just got stuck with a ****in lemon

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If your warranty is up the dealer isnt going to do anything for you unless you pay them. Find a good local mechanic to tear it apart and diagnose it. Whatever it is, it isnt good.
Yeah the dealer has made it clear they don’t want to help me but I’m going to raise some hell over this

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So you knew it had an oil leak but ignored that and went ahead and did rev-limiter burnouts anyway?

Pics from the underside with the shield off would help, but the general conclusion is your bottom end turned into road debris.
Well I wasn’t exactly planning on being at the rev limiter when I got there. I was in the snow, I’ll get underneath it tmw for pics and stuff though I have a video from like a day after the crash but it won’t let me post i here

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,840 Posts
388 in progress... just saying.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts