21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
This all great and all but OP you should still look into this further. Not meaning to scare you but how do we know the tune is not for E30 at this point? Or some other mods.

Probably is OK but you should be looking into verifying that.

Reactions: Skykri

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
This all great and all but OP you should still look into this further. Not meaning to scare you but how do we know the tune is not for E30 at this point? Or some other mods.

Yea ima have it checked out thank you

·
Premium Member
496 Posts

Is there a surefire way to verify this without an AP? I've been curious to know if my used ST was tuned before, though it hasn't really been an issue, especially since I bought the car bone stock. It sounds like the cruise control trick exists with or without a tune.

·
Registered
477 Posts

He would know by now if it was E30, by the trail of smoke and no power! I would flash it stock and get my own tune I could monitor.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Is there a surefire way to verify this without an AP? I've been curious to know if my used ST was tuned before, though it hasn't really been an issue, especially since I bought the car bone stock. It sounds like the cruise control trick exists with or without a tune.
The cruise control trick only works if you are tuned and have multiple maps. I am stage 3 tuned by jst and it doesn't do anything on mine as I only have the one map slot. Another way to figure out if you are tuned just to check if it has launch control. As far as I know if it's tuned with an AP launch controls always enabled. Put it in first gear on flat level ground so you're not rolling with hold the clutch in. And stomp on the throttle fast and hard you really have to commit or it won't work. It should stop around 2400 or so. Or whatever it's set to by default.

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
The cruise control trick only works if you are tuned and have multiple maps. I am stage 3 tuned by jst and it doesn't do anything on mine as I only have the one map slot. Another way to figure out if you are tuned just to check if it has launch control. As far as I know if it's tuned with an AP launch controls always enabled. Put it in first gear on flat level ground so you're not rolling with hold the clutch in. And stomp on the throttle fast and hard you really have to commit or it won't work. It should stop around 2400 or so. Or whatever it's set to by default.
Jst doesn't give you a low boost map?
That's odd

21 - 32 of 32 Posts