Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok when I bought my 13 ST it had a frpp tune on it. Was installed by ford. The car had very good low end power. Like off idle to 3500rpm. Pulled ok after that but that's about it. If u did a lot of city driving stop and go traffic this tune would be decent because of the low end. So i bought a accessport from stratified installed Cobb stage1 93 tune. I felt this tune didn't have the low end the frpp tune had but pulled a little harder up top. Btw on the 13 model u can put the accessport tunes on and it will save your frpp tune and reinstall it if u unmarry it. Next I put stratified stage1 93 tune on. It felt pretty close on the bottom end to frpp but pulled much harder throughout the rpm range. Lastly I currently run e85 stratified tune. This tune pulls better everywhere, much better! This tune has spoiled me. To give u example of power difference 50 to 80 in 3rd gear pull is about 4seconds with e85 tune. Same amount of time with frpp tune and I'm only at 75mph. 5mph is a big difference. Haven't tested the Cobb or stratified 93 tunes yet. Also my only mods are green filter and the frpp front snorkel. Just giving members my observations. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
125 Posts
How often do you run Stratified's e85 tune? Any downsides to it? Plan on getting it soon.

Did you upgrade your spark plugs as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
How often do you run Stratified's e85 tune? Any downsides to it? Plan on getting it soon.

Most users on here have nothing but excellent opinions of it, if I had ethanol around here id have it

·
Registered
979 Posts

run it all the time, very addicting.

Reactions: Mbiro594

·
Registered
979 Posts
lol I love hearing this! FMIC and new plugs or no?

Yes new plugs, FMIC in a few weeks when depo beast is available.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes new plugs, FMIC in a few weeks when depo beast is available.
So as of now Car is fine with e85 and stock intercooler? That was the reason I was holding off on it, but if it's good then Stratified will be getting an email soon lol

·
Registered
979 Posts
So as of now Car is fine with e85 and stock intercooler? That was the reason I was holding off on it, but if it's good then Stratified will be getting an email soon lol

It's actually a E30 mix, not full E85, Stratified will tune you with or without the intercooler, obviously a move conservative tune without it. If you have E85 near you it's a no brainer, safe power increase at the push of a button, just expect worse mileage.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's actually a E30 mix, not full E85, Stratified will tune you with or without the intercooler, obviously a move conservative tune without it. If you have E85 near you it's a no brainer, safe power increase at the push of a button, just expect worse mileage.
3 gallons e85 and the rest premium correct? Also if I get a tune for stock intercooler and 6 months later upgrade to a CP-E will they revise it for free or no?

·
Registered
979 Posts
3 gallons e85 and the rest premium correct? Also if I get a tune for stock intercooler and 6 months later upgrade to a CP-E will they revise it for free or no?

correct, you're in the same boat as me, prolly paying for a revision if 7.2 isn't coming soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry been busy. Car runs great with stock intercooler. Alex disabled the shutters for me. I do plan on a fmic though when the weather warms up. I run the e30 mix most of the time. And fuel mileage for me did drop a bit. And I don't have my foot in it all the time. But the smooth power delivery is addictive. I have had no issues at all.

·
Registered
62 Posts
How does mixing work for y'all when you do the first fill up with, let's say, 1/2 tank of 93 left in it?

Put 3 gal of e85 in, then top off with 93?

Now let's say you run that tank down to 1/4 left with the "e30" mix. Is it as simple as going ahead and adding 3 gal of e85, then topping off with 93 again?

I don't think doing the "add 3 gal e85 then top of with 93" every time, regardless of how much you have left in the tank, would work, would it?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

·
Registered
18 Posts
How does mixing work for y'all when you do the first fill up with, let's say, 1/2 tank of 93 left in it?

Put 3 gal of e85 in, then top off with 93?

Now let's say you run that tank down to 1/4 left with the "e30" mix. Is it as simple as going ahead and adding 3 gal of e85, then topping off with 93 again?

I don't think doing the "add 3 gal e85 then top of with 93" every time, regardless of how much you have left in the tank, would work, would it?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.
I've been wondering about this too. Sounds easy if you run down to half or near empty each time, but what about other filling situations? What if you're on a road trip and can't get the appropriate fuel? Can you switch back to your 91/93/whatever map and run it with some residual ethanol in the tank? Seems like it would become too much of a hassle. Please correct me, I want to be wrong!

·
Registered
125 Posts
What I was told by Stratified was to let it get as low as possible, add 3 gallons of e85 and top off with premium.

I would venture to say that when you start adding fuel at half a tank it's all guesswork.

If you go on a trip and there is no e85 available, just fill it up with 93 at next stop and switch the tune. I run a gallon of e85 occasionally on my 93 tune to clear out knocks if my gas is bad and have had zero issues. Car can handle e10-e15 stock anyways.

I think any minor variation of %s wouldn't hurt your vehicle, like if you were to fill up with the e30 mix at 1/4 tank and it ended up with 3.5-4gals of e85 due to miscalculation. My guess based on conversations I've had with their rep, I'm sure someone who is currently running the blend can chime in.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ok when I bought my 13 ST it had a frpp tune on it. Was installed by ford. The car had very good low end power. Like off idle to 3500rpm. Pulled ok after that but that's about it. If u did a lot of city driving stop and go traffic this tune would be decent because of the low end. So i bought a accessport from stratified installed Cobb stage1 93 tune. I felt this tune didn't have the low end the frpp tune had but pulled a little harder up top. Btw on the 13 model u can put the accessport tunes on and it will save your frpp tune and reinstall it if u unmarry it. Next I put stratified stage1 93 tune on. It felt pretty close on the bottom end to frpp but pulled much harder throughout the rpm range. Lastly I currently run e85 stratified tune. This tune pulls better everywhere, much better! This tune has spoiled me. To give u example of power difference 50 to 80 in 3rd gear pull is about 4seconds with e85 tune. Same amount of time with frpp tune and I'm only at 75mph. 5mph is a big difference. Haven't tested the Cobb or stratified 93 tunes yet. Also my only mods are green filter and the frpp front snorkel. Just giving members my observations. Thanks for reading.
Which one do think is best for drag racing? for course racing? and for an over all DD tune?

·
Registered
738 Posts
3 gallons e85 and the rest premium correct? Also if I get a tune for stock intercooler and 6 months later upgrade to a CP

Actually 3.4 gallons of E85 when empty, the rest 93.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Been running the E30 tune from Unleashed for 18 months now. The car loves it......the idle is by far the most smooth on the formula. On the rare occasion that I am forced to go back to the 93 Tune ( run too low and no E85 nearby ), its like I had a cylinder go down. When I have to go back to stock, its laughable. Id never buy the unit now if I had to run a stock tune......just wouldn't feel like I have a special car.

I hate to see that some of you guys just don't have E85 stations near you.........totally sucks. When I go out of state, I have to go to the 93 tune. But in New York, there are droves of E85 stations around.....the ONLY good thing about this Godforsaken state we like to call Newyorkistan.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I hate to see that some of you guys just don't have E85 stations near you.........totally sucks. When I go out of state, I have to go to the 93 tune. But in New York, there are droves of E85 stations around.....the ONLY good thing about this Godforsaken state we like to call Newyorkistan.
Things are worse in Canada... we have 1 E85 station in Western Canada, and it's a 10 hour drive from me. :(

·
Registered
738 Posts
Running Torrie's E30 tune for 20 months now......100% of the time. If I had to go back to stock, Id have to get rid of the car......that's how huge the difference is.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts