Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received a set of FSWERKS aluminum transmission shifter bracket bushings. My car is a 2016 ST with a little over 7000 miles. For a comparison my vehicle is otherwise stock, no short shifter of any type installed.

here are the bushings layed out ready for install. I see other vendors that use a different size for the top and bottom bushing so when they join up are 'sandwiched' together. FSWERKS has a different approach and both tops and bottoms are the same. Looking at the way they get installed I believe there really isnt a performance benefit either way. Maybe the only upside to the other design is possibly an easier install.

No big deal though, I got creative and just used a bit of headliner adhesive from 3m to hold the bushings so they wouldnt drop as I finagle (sp?) the bracket back in place. It was getting late and this was my ride home so I had to make sure I didnt drop and lose these things, haha. The adhesive worked great as it held it in place enough to not lose it, but its not gonna be like an epoxy where they are permanently glued.

Here is a pic of my oem next to the fswerks bushings. I have seen on other how tos where these bushings were a neat blue color. I was bummed mine were just black, lol.

Overall install wasnt too bad. Like I said, I still had the symposer so I had to pull off the tubes at the manifold and cowl side. Its really removing the battery and intake. I loctited and torqued to specs after install.

Impressions after install. Im not feeling anything dramatic, the shifter feels the same, maybe its a little firmer if you pay close attention to any reduced slop. My car also has low mileage so its not like my bushings were bad. On a higher mileage car maybe the difference is more noticeable Im sure. Too me I would label this as, "yes, I guess I feel some sort of improvement, but I would have to try to notice it closely as Im shifting", if that makes sense.

Im not by any means trying to say anything bad about FSWERKS, they are a great company and the product is a solid piece. Like other products I have of theirs, fitment is always spot on. I just am giving honest feedback of my impressions.
Would I recommend this mod, I would say if your doing a shifter arm and are already there, then sure why not. otherwise, idk, unless you really just want to tear into your car like me.lol.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
The FSWERKS bushings were the first mod I ever performed on my '16 FoST (not counting the AEM dry-filter). I only had about 400 miles on mine at the time. I didn't even think to use the headliner adhesive, as I have a can of it on the shelf. Instead, I used a hot glue gun, and it did the trick. I, like you didn't really notice a whole helluva' lot of difference in feel, but they were only 20-some bucks, so what the heck. I got a much more noticeable difference in feel when I installed the NTC cable end bushing. Bad side is that it sent me down that long, costly, no-going-back road of modding!!!!

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I hear it. Ive been eyeing that NTC bushing, I may get it eventually. When I purchased my FSWERKS Cobb AP w/ stage 1 tune I received a $50 gift card, I used it to purchase these bushings, so essentially they were free. I was off of work and the 405 freeway was really bad, I figured I needed a project to kill time, so I decided to throw these in an post up a review.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Ya I hear it. Ive been eyeing that NTC bushing, I may get it eventually. When I purchased my FSWERKS Cobb AP w/ stage 1 tune I received a $50 gift card, I used it to purchase these bushings, so essentially they were free. I was off of work and the 405 freeway was really bad, I figured I needed a project to kill time, so I decided to throw these in an post up a review.
The NTC bushing was a really nice, cheap, and easy to install upgrade. Well worth the $27 (IMO).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just installed the bushing into my ST, I have the Cobb shifter plate, set it at the longer 30% throw, tightened everything down, bracket, shifter plate, put everything back, now shifting down, the transmission sometimes now doesn’t let me go into second. Has anybody else come across this issue?

·
Registered
84 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts