Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
The sound symposer never really annoyed me too much until I installed a cat back exhaust. Once I did that the sound symposer had to go. I also installed the steeda delete plate. Great little mod.

Reactions: muphasta

·
Registered
24 Posts
Was a pretty easy install and lets you hear the engine much more clearly when you have other mods installed. With my green filter/RS airbox and Borla exhaust, it sounds amazing for a 4-banger

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Good first mod!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Did mine last week w/a Steeda as well.

IMG_0296A.jpg

Today I went and replaced my stock air box w/one from the Focus RS.

IMG_0294A.jpg

Replaced the RMM, the day after I got my ST, w/a Cobb.

Next on my list is a Cobb Intake and Cat Back Exhaust, come Tax Returns. ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just got my Steeda symposer delete in the mail yesterday and will be going on tomorrow. Hopefully my turbo smart blowoff valve will get here too and I can install that as well.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Reactions: brian60

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
what is the RMM?
Rear Motor Mount, it's usually one of the first mods people do with this car.
What ScottyT said, the stock Rear Motor Mount is pretty soft so if you drive really spiritedly and shift from 1st to 2nd pretty hard it'll make a hard "bang" from the motor violently moving in the bay. It also helps reduce wheel hop significantly.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here's a picture of a Cobb RMM (Rear Motor Mount).

Focus_ST_15_Cobb_Intake_AP_RMM_-5.jpg

It absorbs the engine twist due to torque, as you accelerate, mostly when you first take off from a standing start.

·
Registered
46 Posts
can someone post or refer me to a video of before and after the sound symposer install?? I am trying to figure out if I want one or not

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
can someone post or refer me to a video of before and after the sound symposer install?? I am trying to figure out if I want one or not
Searching Youtube for "focus st sound symposer delete" will give you a plethora of info. about deleting your sound symposer.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I miss my sound symposer, i kinda got used to it. Im slso curious what the revision sounds like on the FRPP tune.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I miss my sound symposer, i kinda got used to it. Im slso curious what the revision sounds like on the FRPP tune.
I initially did not like mine when I test drove it but got used to it as well. However, I don’t regret removing it just because it just sounds more natural. Exhaust may come sooner than later though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Exhaust youtube videos are pretty unreliable as it is just because of the video taking equipment, to what you hear on your system, PC speakers, headphones, acoustics of where and how their video was filmed.

Symposer delete before and after are kind of hard to judge but they are on there, most will likely include an installation video too. I kind of missed mine at first but with the addition of the Green filter with the lid left off and the BOV, I missed it a lot less. Now with my DP and Exhaust on there, it would be totally useless now so I'm glad it's gone. It just clutters up the engine bay but if I was totally stock, I would honestly keep it hooked up just for my satisfaction.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
BTW, great place to start OP! This is just the beginning but little tasteful upgrades like this, I do like. Keep all the stock stuff tucked away somewhere in case you have to put it back on someday or decide you want it back, or at least keep it around for a few months. I just have my old symposer tucked into a box sitting up on a shelf with some other stock parts that I've replaced.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts