Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a short review of these three spring setups. I don't track my car, but I drive a lot of mountain roads.

Eibach Sportlines w. Eibach struts: Amazing ride quality, zero body roll, good small bump absorption. Springs bottom out like CRAZY on big bumps. I had these on for 1 month but they are just too low for crappy Washington roads--I scraped my front bumper twice, and popped off the rear bumper and wheel well liner when backing off of a road edge. These springs are too low for me to daily.

Ford Racing Springs w. Eibach struts: I just had these installed because racecar, and will add more information as I get it. Eibach approves their struts with these springs. First, Ford shows these springs as linear. Ford Performance support even says they are linear. They are NOT linear, they are very clearly progressive! These springs are HARSH! Road noise is increased, every damn bump is transmitted to you.

OEM Springs w. OEM struts: As much as I want racecar, I think Ford nailed it with the OEM suspension. If I could do it all again today, I might change out the struts when the OEM struts wore out, but I'd keep the OEM springs.

It costs $500-650 labor to get the springs swapped, so whatever you do, choose wisely!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Here is a short review of these three spring setups. I don't track my car, but I drive a lot of mountain roads.

Eibach Sportlines w. Eibach struts: Amazing ride quality, zero body roll, good small bump absorption. Springs bottom out like CRAZY on big bumps. I had these on for 1 month but they are just too low for crappy Washington roads--I scraped my front bumper twice, and popped off the rear bumper and wheel well liner when backing off of a road edge. These springs are too low for me to daily.

Ford Racing Springs w. Eibach struts: I just had these installed because racecar, and will add more information as I get it. Eibach approves their struts with these springs. First, Ford shows these springs as linear. Ford Performance support even says they are linear. They are NOT linear, they are very clearly progressive! These springs are HARSH! Road noise is increased, every damn bump is transmitted to you.

OEM Springs w. OEM struts: As much as I want racecar, I think Ford nailed it with the OEM suspension. If I could do it all again today, I might change out the struts when the OEM struts wore out, but I'd keep the OEM springs.

It costs $500-650 labor to get the springs swapped, so whatever you do, choose wisely!
I was thinking about the Ford Sport Springs because it was the height reduction I was looking for...Would I still be feeling those bumps like crazy with stock struts?

My second option was Mountune sport springs which isn't as much of a reduction.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well I think the Eibach Pro Kit is the perfect balance in between Sportlines and Ford Performance springs

·
Registered
150 Posts
When you install shorter stiffer springs for better control you will always lose some comfort, doesnt matter what sporty suspension you want, no different then changing the rmm stiffer ride but better control. Pros n cons

1 - 5 of 5 Posts