Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2013 Focus ST moondust silver
Discussion Starter #1

So when I was in highschool way back when I always wanted this old little car to restore and drop a turbo engine in, I still have in the dark deep recesses of my heart the want to do this project for nostalgia... My plan was always to source a Nissan SR20DET engine as that's what the guy's in the scene were doing at the time. After having bought my ST I have been thinking that the 2L ecoboost would be an amazing donor engine for a project such as this, if it would fit or more to the point if I could make it fit! Damn thing would launch something amazing only downside being said car is rear wheel drive 馃様
Vehicle in question... 1969 Datsun 1600 SSS Coupe. Just pipe dreaming away over here!
Is there a rear wheel drive version for another vehicle of the 2L ecoboost engine out there?

Premium Member
Use the 2.3 from the Mustang, RWD.

Reactions: Anecdotal

Super Moderator
Use the 2.3 from the Mustang, RWD.
Or, use the 2.0 ecoboost for it's stronger block and just source a trans from the Mustang

Reactions: elyk864

Registered
2013 Focus ST moondust silver
Discussion Starter #5
Or, use the 2.0 ecoboost for it's stronger block and just source a trans from the Mustang
That could work too, I was just searching through some Datsun forums to see if anyone has done this before and found a guy suggesting it. Poor bastard was shot down in flames as if he was committing holy sacrilege for suggesting an engine that wasn't a Nissan lmao 馃ぃ

Registered
If they can defile :D a Mustang in Tokyo Drift (yah, I watched it; and I actually liked it... ) for throwing in a RB26 nothing stopping you from throwing a little FoMoCo into a Datsun! To be fair that Mustang was a pretty kickass and that 1600 would rock!

Registered
Ford Performance had a mount kit for putting a FWD 2.0l ecoboost into a RWD platform at one time. It would definitely make for an awesome swap into that chassis.

That being said i'm also a fan of keeping it in the family and would do a SR20 with a VE head in a heartbeat in a 510. My S14 240SX had a SR20 for most of its life and then a VH45DE V8 out of an Infiniti Q45 when I sold it.

Registered
Ford Performance had a mount kit for putting a FWD 2.0l ecoboost into a RWD platform at one time. It would definitely make for an awesome swap into that chassis.

That being said i'm also a fan of keeping it in the family and would do a SR20 with a VE head in a heartbeat in a 510. My S14 240SX had a SR20 for most of its life and then a VH45DE V8 out of an Infiniti Q45 when I sold it.
But the new fad is to bastardize everything. LS this, diesel swap that, electric swap it, to an ecoboost engine into an import.

Registered
But the new fad is to bastardize everything. LS this, diesel swap that, electric swap it, to an ecoboost engine into an import.
LS excluded, as there seems to be a kit for pretty much every car you can think of to swap one of those in...but doing a completely foreign motor to a swap just makes it more complicated and impressive to me if you can get it to work (and work well.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts