Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went ahead and gave it a go. Shipping was QUICK. Ive read about how you need to buy some stuff to complet everyone the install, thereso some nuts people say to buy , a T bolt clamp, a bolt ? I can't find the specifics, can I get a list of what that is and if you can any speciality tools? I'm planing on installing it as soon as I get home

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
So I went ahead and gave it a go. Shipping was QUICK. Ive read about how you need to buy some stuff to complet everyone the install, thereso some nuts people say to buy , a T bolt clamp, a bolt ? I can't find the specifics, can I get a list of what that is and if you can any speciality tools? I'm planing on installing it as soon as I get home
If you wish to upgrade to a stronger t-bolt clamp that goes around BOTH of the intercooler pipes (the black pipes that attach to the intercooler) you can get one of those pretty cheap. They have been known to pop off going down the highway in the past for some users because the stock ones suck. Mine are upgraded to nice strong t-bolt clamps and tightened down so they aren't coming off unless the intercooler is ripped off the car. Even after that they would probably keep dragging the intercooler a while

·
Registered
222 Posts
M6 nylon lock nut x 2 is what I needed, YMMV.

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
The T-bolt clamps that Depo sells are 65-73mm, or roughly 2.5". I've heard 3" clamps work fine as well.

The nuts for the bottom bracket are M6x1.0 nylon lock nuts. You'll need two, one for each bracket.

No specialty tools needed, but you'll need 8mm and 10mm wrenches/sockets, and a metric hex key set (I forget what sizes). You'll also need a drill with a 5/16 bit for the MAPT sensor as the Depo cooler uses a larger-than-stock bolt. You'll probably need several extensions as well, as there is no space to work with between the FMIC and radiator and you will need to go through the headlight area to tighten the lower bracket.

Probably easier to attach the lower bracket to the car first and then attach the intercooler. I tried to do it the other way (attach bracket to intercooler, then to car) and while I got it tight, I just about rounded out the lock nuts because it is just about impossible to get a wrench or socket fully seated due to the lack of space.

Also, it's best to use an installation guide here on the forums or on Youtube as the intercooler comes with no instructions whatsoever.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Shave the bumper while its off, well worth the extra time and it shows off that beautiful aluminum.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Your good to go! Was an easy install once the bumper came off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
No shaving, no alterations, straight up easy bolt-on (i did have a lift which made it alot easier ) the MAF did need to be bored out a bit. the bolts and clamps were money. All in all it went perfectly. Thanks Depo.
Loooook darn good on there!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I received and installed mine last week, mine required drilling. I have a 2016.
The bolt was slightly larger than the opening. I had a file that I pushed through the opening 4 or 5 times and it was good (mine was a 2016 as well).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts