Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The intercooler was in great shape when it arrived. Packed well. Came with everything I needed. Didn?t need any extra M6x1 or new Tbolt clamps, my stock ones were fine (no charge pipe upgrade, used stock). So my only worry about this FMIC, is that the bottom mounts do not line up with where it?s supposed to attach to the frame. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
The intercooler was in great shape when it arrived. Packed well. Came with everything I needed. Didn?t need any extra M6x1 or new Tbolt clamps, my stock ones were fine (no charge pipe upgrade, used stock). So my only worry about this FMIC, is that the bottom mounts do not line up with where it?s supposed to attach to the frame. Anyone else have this issue?
Shoot a few pics, maybe you have the brackets installed oddly, iirc the depo welds tend to interfere with the mounts on some of them. Cheap you pay and all, lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I?ll see what I can do later. I?ll have to take some things off to be able to get a pic. There?s about a 1 inch gap between the bottom mounts on the FMIC and the part of the frame where it?s supposed to sit. It is currently zip tied.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
https://youtu.be/fpNgM9H2SZo

Watch this video and skip to 15:36, that?s where mine aren?t connected either. That being said this isn?t a Depo and the way it mounts to the front bumper of his, isn?t how mine was. My brackets on the top basically slide over top of a tab.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
I received mine last week, it comes with a bag of mounting hardware.

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
https://youtu.be/fpNgM9H2SZo

Watch this video and skip to 15:36, that?s where mine aren?t connected either. That being said this isn?t a Depo and the way it mounts to the front bumper of his, isn?t how mine was. My brackets on the top basically slide over top of a tab.
Yep. The top brackets slide over top of the tabs, then the unit bolts on the bottom brackets. Same as OEM, same as CP-E.

It will have a slight rock to it, depending on what charge pipes you run.

No worries.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I thought the top brackets slid under the tabs and then you through bolted the bottom. It was a couple of years ago I installed mine but I remember sliding it over the top tabs and I couldn't get the bottom to line up as it was too high, so I slid it in under the top tabs and it then lined up perfectly. (The top tabs were a "T" and you could hook the top or bottom)

My memory might me a little off, I do remember people complaining that all of the weight was on the bottom tabs though so it makes sense.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I thought the top brackets slid under the tabs and then you through bolted the bottom. It was a couple of years ago I installed mine but I remember sliding it over the top tabs and I couldn't get the bottom to line up as it was too high, so I slid it in under the top tabs and it then lined up perfectly. (The top tabs were a "T" and you could hook the top or bottom)

My memory might me a little off, I do remember people complaining that all of the weight was on the bottom tabs though so it makes sense.
2013-14 mount over. 2015+ have to go under the top mount putting all the weight on the bottom tabs. I made my own top brackets so I could mount with the weight supported from the top.

·
Registered
222 Posts
2013-14 mount over. 2015+ have to go under the top mount putting all the weight on the bottom tabs. I made my own top brackets so I could mount with the weight supported from the top.
That makes sense, thanks Rich!

Sounds like the OP has it hooked over the top mount on a 2015+ model when it should be hooked under the top mount. I never had an issue with the additional weight on the bottom tabs, they held up great for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts