Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my intake I could only get black because Race Red is delayed until June. Worked out better for me though since I got to paint it to match my red Boomba gear under the hood. I laid down a fine gold flake, then topped it off with eight coats of HOK Candy Apple Red. Cleared with 2k clear. I love it and the sound is impressive. I must admit it scared me at first when I went for a ride(cuz I'm a noob :serious:), didn't expect the suction sound on acceleration to be so predominant :shocked:

1.JPG 2.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: UnfocusedST

·
Registered
125 Posts
Anyway you can post a video of it sucking in air? Wanna hear how it sounds. No ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyway you can post a video of it sucking in air? Wanna hear how it sounds. No ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL. I'll try to get something tomorrow.

Reactions: Mbiro594

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had some Candy left over so I added a Label

238441d1494196067-what-did-you-do-your-st-today-sticker.jpg

·
Registered
371 Posts
This looks amazing! Can not wait to see what else you have in store!

Reactions: Choppa

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
nice! looks awesome! nice clean paint work as well

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Definitely a nice job! I'm surprised you didn't wish to keep the CPE logo on the intake tubing free from paint, but from farther back you can hardly tell the logo is even there so I can understand if you were going for that look. Totally sets it off and looks unique from the other guys with the RR tubing.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Definitely a nice job! I'm surprised you didn't wish to keep the CPE logo on the intake tubing free from paint, but from farther back you can hardly tell the logo is even there so I can understand if you were going for that look. Totally sets it off and looks unique from the other guys with the RR tubing.
Actually when I sprayed the gold flake base, I had the CPE logo plate taped off. I was going to leave it bare. However I decided to Candy it so it wouldn't be a focal point. The candy still lets it show through without being just "Bam, here I am, read me" lol.

Reactions: brian60
1 - 12 of 12 Posts