Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last week a local member posted up that he needed to get rid of some stuff taking up space. In that were a torn down set of authentic OZ Racing Futura's. I believe they used to be @Drama wheels at one time. Dual drilled 18x9.5-10.0 and 18x9.0-9.5 depending on how you mount the face. for my application ill be doing 18x9.5 all around. Offset is a little hard to figure out. One pair of faces have a plate/spacer bolted to it, the other pair does not.. I've come up with about +35 front with out the spacer sandwich mount to +29 with the spacer, and rear is back mounted face and about +37.

So ill be running the front with out spacer, sandwich mount for about a 18x9.5 +35 ---ish and the rear, face back mounted 18x9.5 +37--ish... If my math is right.

The guy i bought them from already sanded down 3 lips and polished them, he said he would get the 4th done for me but had it there so i can see everything.
IMG_1558.JPG

the 4th that has to be polished
IMG_1557.JPG

Overall everything is in good shape. I ordered 175 new chrome bolts and nuts from Blackforestindustries.com and taking the faces to be powder coated Saturday. I haven't picked out exactly what i want, its a toss up between a Gloss black and metallic in it kinda like the Tuxedo Black OEM paint, or a Matte/Satin black.

Also im thinking of going with a different route on the carbon trim rings on the caps.. instead of regular black carbon going with a red carbon from Composite Envisions. Ive been using them for many years for my carbon and the stuff is top notch. I just dont know if i want their Carbon/Red Kevlar
IMG_1566.JPG

or their Red Reflections sheet
IMG_1567.JPG

Here's what i picked up
IMG_3390.JPG

and test fitted on the car
IMG_3404.JPG

Fronts
IMG_3399.JPG
IMG_3402.JPG

Rears
IMG_3397.JPG
IMG_3403.JPG

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
Nice wheels, Futuras are some of my all time faves! I honestly really like the way they look now, satin silver spokes with polished lips.

Any pictures from a front angle? Trying to picture these with the facelifted front and I can't.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
oh man, there's just something about multi drilled wheels that scares me...

they look good tho!

Edit: 1500th post for me lol, i spend too much time on here

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice wheels, Futuras are some of my all time faves! I honestly really like the way they look now, satin silver spokes with polished lips.

Any pictures from a front angle? Trying to picture these with the facelifted front and I can't.
I never opened the garage to get a better picture that way.. i spent so much time trying different mounting ways and stuff that i was beat at the end of it..

oh man, there's just something about multi drilled wheels that scares me...

they look good tho!

Edit: 1500th post for me lol, i spend too much time on here

Ive only had a pair of wheels redrilled before, a pair of rota's a guy used for drifting on his FRS, i got all 4 for trade on a set of hood shocks. I gave 2 to a friend for his FRS and a link for drag slicks and i kept 2 to get redrilled for the ST and drag slicks.. i have yet to run them. I do know quite a few that have ran redrilled wheels before without issue.. and i doubt id do a track day with these. I may go get them completely welded then redrilled as i have a good friend that works at Mackin industries and they know a guy across the street that does their custom drilling. I am baffled by why they chose to drill so close to the original holes.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update, got the faces back from powder coating, I am not a fan of black wheels, yet seem to keep finding myself going back to them. After spending a hour looking at colors, I went with the typical satin black. Ordered the Black Carbon/Red Kevlar from composite envisions and working on cutting it. Ordered a whole sheet so I have plenty of material to mess up. This carbon looks fantastic and goes from a bright red to a deep dark red just by spinning it 180*.
IMG_3590.JPG
IMG_3589.JPG

Cutting it has not been fun, and I should've went with the red dyed fiberglass instead I guess as they claim it's much easier to work with.
IMG_3602.JPG

But will work. I am going to call a friends shop that knows someone with a waterjet and see what they will charge me. The carbon place said no problems with them doing it, but was going to run me about 250$ for 4 ring after CAD and setup fees.

I am stripping 2 barrels complete as they are all tarnished and oxidized, painting them with a gloss black epoxy.
IMG_1660.JPG
IMG_1665.JPG
IMG_1663.JPG
IMG_1664.JPG

Taped one up and epoxy it. I didn't clean it good enough I guess as there are some fish eyes, but it's inside so won't matter much
IMG_3580.JPG
IMG_3606.JPG

Soon...
IMG_3605.JPG

·
Registered
74 Posts
I love the wheels, personally I don't really get the desire for people to want Carbon Fibre "look" or Carbon fibre for things where there is no benefit. Just my 2 cents, but can't wait to see the wheels done.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love the wheels, personally I don't really get the desire for people to want Carbon Fibre "look" or Carbon fibre for things where there is no benefit. Just my 2 cents, but can't wait to see the wheels done.
OZ Racing ships them with a Carbon Fiber ring. These are all beat up and old, and one is a fake carbon ring that i assume replaced a damaged real carbon ring. I put the black on there but it doesnt really pop. since i have red accents on the car i thought the red carbon would look much better.. I agree with fake carbon, i dont understand that at all. its to easy to get real carbon now a days. And i wouldnt put it there if it didnt already come with it.. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
OZ Racing ships them with a Carbon Fiber ring. These are all beat up and old, and one is a fake carbon ring that i assume replaced a damaged real carbon ring. I put the black on there but it doesnt really pop. since i have red accents on the car i thought the red carbon would look much better.. I agree with fake carbon, i dont understand that at all. its to easy to get real carbon now a days. And i wouldnt put it there if it didnt already come with it.. :)
Make's sense! Looking forward to seeing them tired up and mounted!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
broke down and took the carbon sheet to a place that has a waterjet and got them cut. they couldnt cut the bolt holes due to blistering the carbon off its backing, so i had to drill those, decided to go with a glossy clear coat so they pop that much more. Rings are done, 1 lip completely sanded down and repolished, have half of one repolished now and 2 left to do. Thos 2 will just need a power ball/cone on them. Paint the barrels and i can finally start putting them together

IMG_3701.JPG
IMG_3671.JPG
IMG_3710.JPG

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
got the wheels together. sealed and then mounted and balanced. Over all im happy. Again im not the biggest fan of black wheels for the reason thats in these pictures, but i dont think bronze or gold wouldve worked and i dislike regular silver wheels more.. maybe shouldve chromed them? idk.. Right now i am happy, just need a bit of camber and a roll and pull on the fenders and i should be able to go to the wider tires and i thtink it will look much better without the stupid lip/rim protector on the OEM tires.

IMG_3715.JPG
IMG_3716.JPG
IMG_3728.JPG
IMG_3729.JPG
IMG_3738.JPG
IMG_3742.JPG
IMG_3787.JPG
IMG_3792.JPG
IMG_3795.JPG
IMG_3796.JPG

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All of these are shot with a iphone 7plus and me being a horrible picture taker.. im having professional pics taken this weekend

1 - 14 of 14 Posts