Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if any year mustang steering wheels fit a 2014 focus st?

The RS wheel upgrade isn't much different than stock but there seems to be quite a selection of mustang wheels that would be awesome.

Tried searching but didn't even find someone asking the question.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
802 Posts
I've actually been looking into this. I believe the wheel will physically bolt to the Focus column, and I believe the airbag connectors are compatible. I am unsure whether the Mustang wiring harness will clip in to the Focus', and even if it does if it will communicate properly. I'm going to be playing around with this in the future. Stay tuned

New airbag modules for the Mustang are $500+ so this isn't a cheap and easy thing to test, nor would it be a cheap mod if it all works.

Reactions: David_Blouir

·
Registered
802 Posts
The harness connector is different between Focus and Mustang. So at a minimum you would need to splice wires, or remove the Mustang plug and insert the wires into the Focus's plug.

Reactions: David_Blouir

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
The harness connector is different between Focus and Mustang. So at a minimum you would need to splice wires, or remove the Mustang plug and insert the wires into the Focus's plug.
If only Ford gave us an adaptor or something.

Oh wait, that's right, for a company that "loves seeing us mod our cars" they hate us and hate us modding our stuff.

·
Registered
802 Posts
If only Ford gave us an adaptor or something.

Oh wait, that's right, for a company that "loves seeing us mod our cars" they hate us and hate us modding our stuff.
That's not it at all. The Mustang was designed in Dearborn and the C1 platform was designed over in Dunton and Merkenich, are built with different supplier bases, and steering wheel cross-compatibility was the last thing on anyone's minds when these cars were being developed. Frankly I am surprised that the Mustang steering wheel bolts up without issue. The electrical connector itself is really a minor issue.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The 15-17 ST wheel is a big upgrade to the 13-14. I've had both and would hate to go back to the old style. I'm not sure if it bolts right up, but you mentioned the RS wheel so i assume you've looked into it. Thats the route i would go, i love the new style wheel.

·
Registered
802 Posts
The 15-17 ST wheel is a big upgrade to the 13-14. I've had both and would hate to go back to the old style. I'm not sure if it bolts right up, but you mentioned the RS wheel so i assume you've looked into it. Thats the route i would go, i love the new style wheel.
I've researched the '15 steering wheel much more and I believe it is a simple plug and play. I have steering wheel switches from a '15 that I will test on my '13 one of these days. The new airbag is something like $300+ from the dealership.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts