Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a handful of mods MAPerformance was able to get over 500hp out of the stock block of a 2.3l ecoboost motor! Now I can't imagine it would last long running that much boost but it's neat to see.

Here is the current setup on the car:

MAP 5858 turbo kit
MAP cat back with resonators
MAP intercooler
Tuned by yours truly
29psi on pump gas / RaceGas mix

Stock block, stock rods, stock bearings, stock pistons, stock head, stock cams, stock valvetrain.

Read more & see the video @ MAPerformance: EBM Stock Block HP Record 501whp/464wtq (STD) | 62 lb/min Turbo | Mustang Ecoboost Forum

·
Registered
2,031 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Was that a built 2.2?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
I'm not 100% sure, it depends on what generation ecotec he's running. There was a 2.0, 2.2, and 2.4L version.

·
Vendor
1,866 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
From reading about this mustang a little I guess there plan is to just see what the stock internals can take and they will keep pushing it until they blow it. They said they have a built motor waiting to go in once the current one goes boom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will it surpass the 4g63!?!?!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Got to be a K20...

^I think that motor/car combo has been going strong for 2+ years I've been following it.

There's a reason the Ariel Atom has souped up turbocharged Honda K20 and Chevy Ecotec as engine options.

But it is interesting to be part of the growing Ecoboost family of motors too. These 2.3's I can see being monsters. Angry little 4 cylinders ftw.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts