Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, so this is going to be a pretty run of the mill topic. Pictures of the car, me complaining when ish goes wrong and talking about non-sense.

Anyway.

2018 Mk3.5 ST3 FoST.

Done:
20% Tint
K&N High Flow Air Filter
Steeda Sound Symposer Delete
Yellow Fog Overlays
ST Overlay
Debadged Rear

Plans:
Custom Shift Knob
Short Throw Shift
Shift Bushings
Wing Risers
COBB Cold Air Intake
COBB Intake Scoop
Carbon Fiber Engine Cover
Mishimoto Coolant Tank
GReddy Exhaust
BC Coils (If I don't do Air)
FMIC
18x9.5 Wheels (Maybe)​

Purchased the ST after trading in a Lancer that the wife and I didn't care for. It wasn't a bad vehicle, it just wasn't for us. Originally went in for an RS, but the one I wanted was sold the night before and then I learned about the mark-up a lot of the dealers in my area were tacking on. Decided against it and figured I'd go for something a bit cheaper. Decided on this Magnetic ST3 after a couple test drives.

First thing I did was get it tinted. 20% all the way around, including the visor on top. Few days later the cilajet was applied. Also applied yellow fog overlays! I'm not sure if those are going to stay or not.

Installed a K&N Air Filter at the same time as the Steeda Sound Symposer Delete kit.

Completely debadged the rear, so the only ST logo is on the front now. Applied an overlay to change the color. Also, dog tax.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Installed the wing risers from @BoombaRacing today. Also first day with the new camera, so I'm taking pictures of err'thang.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks good. Symposer delete and filter were the first things I did too. Really like the look of the yellow fog covers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Soooo no updates yet. Thinking of changing the shift knob soon and then getting a dash-cam for those Southern Cali commutes. Big mods have been put on hold though since I might be losing my job to the government.

Looks good. Symposer delete and filter were the first things I did too. Really like the look of the yellow fog covers.
Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have not kept this up to date at all.

Plans for the car have changed pretty significantly. I'm not longer "aiming for the mountain tops" with this. Instead I'm working on a fun daily driver that my wife can enjoy as well.

Current Modification List
  • Boomba Wing Risers
  • Maxton Designs Wing Extension
  • Fifteen52 Tarmacs 18x8.5
  • Falken Ziex A/S 235/40
  • Eibach 20MM Spacers
  • Muteki Lugnuts
  • Rokblokz Short Mud Flaps
  • Fiesta ST Third Brake Light
  • BamShift Bamboo Shift Knob
  • InFocus Shift Boot
  • JunctionProduce Neck Pads
  • Green Filter
  • Focus RS Airbox
  • Symposer Delete
Upcoming Plans:
  • Cobb or Mountune Intake piping or Mishimoto Intake
  • Lowering springs (leaning towards Mountune)
  • CF Hood
  • CF Fenders
  • FMIC (Mishimoto)

No photos with the spacers or lugs yet. Need to get out and do that this weekend, probably.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
  • Cobb or Mountune Intake piping or Mishimoto Intake
  • Lowering springs (leaning towards Mountune)
  • CF Hood
  • CF Fenders
  • FMIC (Mishimoto)
I would suggest intercooler before intake. Intake wont be much of a gain over your airfilter but being able to do back to back wot pulls with a better intercooler is a nice improvement.

Why are you adding 20mm spacers? If you lower the car, you will surely rub as 20mm has to be pushing the wheels to poke.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would suggest intercooler before intake. Intake wont be much of a gain over your airfilter but being able to do back to back wot pulls with a better intercooler is a nice improvement.

Why are you adding 20mm spacers? If you lower the car, you will surely rub as 20mm has to be pushing the wheels to poke.
Intercooler before the intake would make sense. Honestly, that list isn't in any particular order.
I'll probably do the cheaper items before I get to the more expensive and complicated things.

Spacers are already on.

I'm not looking at lowering the car significantly. I'd prefer about an inch at most. The two sets of springs I'm looking at don't lower too much and my wheels should still clear. The Mountunes hit the 1" in the front and 1.4" in the back which is a little more than I want. Ford Performance springs would be better I think, they hit .7" in the front and I believe .9" in the back. I won't know for sure until I get them on. Worst case scenario, the spacers come off. They're reversible so, I'm not too worried about it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Photo with the spacers on.
I have to take a look at the mudflaps because I seem to be rubbing on the front ones.
I'm debating actually keeping this height and getting meatier tires. Thoughts?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Looks good. I would personally not lower and keep the current look, a little wider tire could be the finishing touch

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good. I would personally not lower and keep the current look, a little wider tire could be the finishing touch
I'm honestly considering it. I took it offroad yesterday while looking for some photo spots and I kind of liked being able to do that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts