·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I was looking around for some mud flaps for my Focus ST because I really like the look and I see a range in prices is there that much of a difference are the cheaper ones garbage and would wear significantly or is there not really that much of a difference?
Cobb
https://www.cobbtuning.com/products...e1mvhDyFMuHjC1fdaoyh5E2HMLZspsOcaAuW_EALw_wcB
ST
https://www.ebay.com/i/272823344268?chn=ps&dispctrl=1
ST
https://www.ebay.com/i/401400974442?chn=ps&dispctrl=1
Honestly there isn't much of a difference other than the logo, possibly material, length, available colors, and mounting hardware. I went with Rally Armor and they are probably the most common, and I love them and they are still in perfect shape despite being rubbed several times. Can't vouch for any others though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have you seen the Rock Guards from zl1 Add-ons? They are smaller but still do the job. Imo I like there better than the bulky ones that stick out
https://zl1addons.com/collections/r...ock-guards-for-ford-focus?variant=28637333953

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I have these as well, took about 30mins to install. I think they do a pretty good job of deflecting debris from hitting the side of the car. I like the fact they do not hang low so there is no chance of them getting caught on speed bumps or deep snow.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I have RokBlokz, they are really solid and do not flex much at all, I would consider them rigid.
Also James Baron Racing makes some now with your choice of embossed logo.

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for posting these, I like the low profile look and ordered some. $80 shipped is a fair price, hopefully they are high quality.
Not too many people know about these for some reason. I stumbled up them one day looking at parts for a Camaro a buddy of mine has. But I hope you enjoy your new product.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had Rally Armors on my WRX for over 7 years and they held up extremely well. I bought some for the ST too. Rally Armor has my vote.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I went with the rockbloks and love them. I like that they are stiffer than the rally Armour ones. They look great and are pretty effective, I no longer get the streaks on my body behind the front wheels. I really like the looks of the JBR ones too, that was my second choice since you can get the ST logo on them.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
682 Posts
I got a set of Rally Armors, black with red lettering, they are designed to pull off if caught by the wheel instead of yanking the screw and fenderliner out or worse, causing body damage. Put them on a week after buying the car, loved them ever since.

Reactions: muphasta

·
Registered
39 Posts
I ordered Rally Armor flaps today. Black w/blue lettering (I think) I don't really care what color the lettering is, I think the red or blue letters on the black flaps will be fine for my Kona Blue ST. I'm colorblind anyway!

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
682 Posts
I ordered Rally Armor flaps today. Black w/blue lettering (I think) I don't really care what color the lettering is, I think the red or blue letters on the black flaps will be fine for my Kona Blue ST. I'm colorblind anyway!
Does the Kona Blue still show up blue for you, or is it green? I have a guy at my work who is color blind and all his blues are greens (or maybe the other way around, dont remember). I put the black with red letters on my car, the all red ones were too loud in my opinion. My car is also Kona Blue #KonaBlueMasterRace

·
Registered
39 Posts
Does the Kona Blue still show up blue for you, or is it green? I have a guy at my work who is color blind and all his blues are greens (or maybe the other way around, dont remember). I put the black with red letters on my car, the all red ones were too loud in my opinion. My car is also Kona Blue #KonaBlueMasterRace
My car looks very blue to me. I am Red/green colorblind so I have problems picking up red and green. But, grass is green, but probably looks quite different to you, some reds are very red, but others confuse me as to what color they are. Purple, being made up of red and blue often looks blue since I cannot pick up the red.

There is also blue/yellow colorblindness which your coworker could have. That could be why a blue car looks green to him.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
My car looks very blue to me. I am Red/green colorblind so I have problems picking up red and green. But, grass is green, but probably looks quite different to you, some reds are very red, but others confuse me as to what color they are. Purple, being made up of red and blue often looks blue since I cannot pick up the red.

There is also blue/yellow colorblindness which your coworker could have. That could be why a blue car looks green to him.
Yeah having a father who is color blind (luckily that means I am not :cool:) I suspect his coworker is blue/yellow colorblind. That's really the only way you can see blues weird. My dad is blue/yellow and he always sees blue cars as black and stuff like that.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I know you've already purchased, but for the sake of anyone else looking for answers I have to say Rally Armour is my favorite by far. RockBlockz are OK, but they won't bend very well should they get caught on a driveway, speedbump, etc. The Rally Armours are designed to take the impact and actually rip off before a threat will break or rip the bumper off. That's the main reason for my purchase.

Reactions: muphasta and 5dmc1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Wespott, I just bought an ST and am seriously considering Rally Armors. Since you had a pair for over 7 years, did you ever experience any fade on them? I'm considering getting the red ones to match the calipers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Had the rallyarmors on my 2010 sti, still looked like new when I sold it 5 years later.

Went with the rallyarmors again on the ST. Sure they're quite large, actually the fronts look pretty good to me but the back do make the ST look a bit like a gravel truck once installed!

Anyways they work extremely well at holding snow and gravel away from the paint! The fact that they are flexible also helps alot when clearing the snow out of them, a small quick at the base of the mudflaps and all accumulated snow/slush/ice falls down!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Hello Wespott, I just bought an ST and am seriously considering Rally Armors. Since you had a pair for over 7 years, did you ever experience any fade on them? I'm considering getting the red ones to match the calipers.
Word of advice for the newcomer (welcome by the way!) if you ever want to make sure someone gets a notification that you're talking to them, add an @ symbol before their name. That way you can tag them like @wespott and they will get notified and see it and respond :) Otherwise you have to hope they happen to see that you commented back, and that rarely happens.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts