Ford Focus ST Forum banner

121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you could send one that is a direct side shot and then one from the side at an angle that would be awesome. If I like the looks I think I'll be upgrading suspension next.
Here you go...is this ok or go farther out? Any additional questions?

J

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you could send one that is a direct side shot and then one from the side at an angle that would be awesome. If I like the looks I think I'll be upgrading suspension next.
Here you go...

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was wondering if you are able to tell me the difference in the fuel economy between the 3. stock, mp275 & mr300 in L/100km.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Springs and coilovers tend to get rid of the raked look, but I can't decide if that's a good thing or not.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Here you go...
I like that. I wish it was just slightly higher in the rear, but it isn't as low as some other photos make it look.

Appreciate it, thanks man. Dig the wheels.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I like that. I wish it was just slightly higher in the rear, but it isn't as low as some other photos make it look. Appreciate it, thanks man. Dig the wheels.
Thanks! I think it looks great now. I do not like low sitting or stance cars. Not my thing but I think my car looks awesome.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Thanks! I think it looks great now. I do not like low sitting or stance cars. Not my thing but I think my car looks awesome.
Agreed. It looks very nice, normally I dislike lowered cars but this is a good look.

After a LSD this is my next upgrade. I think I'll get 20mm spacers for rear and 15 for front as well.

·
Registered
146 Posts
IMG_0274.JPG

So today I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the MR300 calibration as I had all the parts necessary to upgrade from the MP275. I purchased the calibration online and @[email protected] had my upgrade key emailed to me within a couple of hours. @jrice19 's review is spot on. When I first drove the MP275 it was how I wish the ST had come from the factory, the torque came on sooner and the power didn't drop off like the standard calibration. With the MR300 it drives the same as the MP275 and stock car around down, but hit the go pedal and the turbo spools instantly! The power is more immediate and the increase in torque kicks you back in your seat. I'm certain my poor snow tires are plotting their revenge as I'm typing this.
When I first installed the MP275 I remember being shocked at how quickly 100mph would come up when overtaking in 6th from 75-80mph. The car pulled effortlessly and without any real indication that there was more power being put to the front wheels. The first time that I tried overtaking with the MR300 installed this evening it was immediately obvious that 100mph was going to come up on the dial a lot faster, as the torque can be felt like a horse kick from behind. To anyone who has gone the Mountune route and already has the catback and MP275 calibration, I highly suggest getting the MR. Gas mileage after 200 miles is exactly the same and the car drives just as mellow as a stocker if you need it to. After my first day with the MR300 calibration all I can say is, F$%k yeah! Can't wait to get out to Watkins this spring :Rally:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
So Randy, is the Mountune DP needed for the tune specifically, or can any catted DP work? I plan on picking up the MP275 at some point in the future, as well as the boost hose kits and I already have the Mountune CBE. I already picked up a different DP (Cp-e if you wanna know) which is a 200 cell cat, which I believe is the same as the Mountune one.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Update!

After 9000 miles with MR300 tune (and upgrades) the car is still a joy to drive everyday. Since I live in Phoenix, it is bit hot right now, the car still performs well. Passing or accelerating is so much fun that I want even more power. Since I moved recently, my MPG have gone up since it is mostly highway driving. I average around 27.5 to 28.5 MPG cruising at 75MPH. Overall, I am very happy with this tune/package.
The suspension kit still is fantastic and very happy with results. My ride to work or around town is so smooth but has much more rigidness than stock (but not harsh).
Again, another fantastic upgrade and have never looked back.

Now, I noticed on Facebook that Mountune is testing a bigger turbo so I am very interested. Which really means I am going to buy it once it is available. :)
If you have any additional questions do not hesitate to PM me.

J

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
Where did you see this?
I also heard this and spoke with Ken from Mountune about this while at Ford Nationals. Mountune is working with a big turbo.

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Go to Moutune's Facebook page. You will see Ken talking about while filling up at gas station.
I found it. People say go to Mountunes FB page but what they really mean is the Mountune LLC (us) facebook page. :)

I did see that awhile back but I didn't take it as they are officially testing a big turbo or anything. Just figured he was running a big turbo and that was that, or that it was one of their track cars they often show off with heavily modded engines. Now - a teaser or something showing they want to actually sell a BT is something else.

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
121 - 140 of 154 Posts