Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any kind of info would be great.
I have 2 questions: Is the downpipe you sell now going to work with the kit?
Is my cp-e intercooler going to work with the kit (just bought it and don't feel like replacing it)
Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm pretty sure the MR300 will include the same parts as the MP275 (including intercooler) plus some extras to facilitate more power and a more aggressive tune.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The MR300 is the same as the MP275,except it comes with the handheld tuner and down pipe, I believe.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Any kind of info would be great.
I have 2 questions: Is the downpipe you sell now going to work with the kit?
Is my cp-e intercooler going to work with the kit (just bought it and don't feel like replacing it)
Thanks.
Yes, the Mountune DP that we offer now will be the same as what is offered with the MR300 kit.

We can't say with absolution that the CPE FMIC will work as intended, but it would be my guess that it would do the job.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
If someone has the MP 275 kit, can they just buy the DP and get the retune, or will they have to buy the whole tuning device for the MP 300 kit? Not sure how it would work if the tune from the 275 is locked to the ECU. HELP ME!!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
If someone has the MP 275 kit, can they just buy the DP and get the retune, or will they have to buy the whole tuning device for the MP 300 kit? Not sure how it would work if the tune from the 275 is locked to the ECU. HELP ME!!!
Randy or Ken can speak to this definitively, but my understanding is that the same mTune device holding the MP275 tune will also accommodate the MR300 tune without having to purchase a separate mTune device for the MR300 tune.

That was one of the reasons I felt comfortable going with the MP275 knowing that I'd eventually like to upgrade to the MR300 tune.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Randy or Ken can speak to this definitively, but my understanding is that the same mTune device holding the MP275 tune will also accommodate the MR300 tune without having to purchase a separate mTune device for the MR300 tune.

That was one of the reasons I felt comfortable going with the MP275 knowing that I'd eventually like to upgrade to the MR300 tune.
Thank you for that! I feel more comfortable going this route now. Everyone seems really happy with it. The setup I have now is more geared for my younger self... loud and obnoxious! I want something more down to earth, but with the same feel. Think I found it here

·
Registered
534 Posts
Thank you for that! I feel more comfortable going this route now. Everyone seems really happy with it. The setup I have now is more geared for my younger self... loud and obnoxious! I want something more down to earth, but with the same feel. Think I found it here
Everyone has his/her own opinions, but I love the MP275 package. Here's how I characterize it.

My former tune, even when combined with my Steeda upper engine mount and cp-e RMM, still exhibited significant wheel hop and spinning off the line. Now, I can essentially floor it and it just hooks up and goes. And the WOT pull is very smooth and very strong all the way up.

While it is also fulfilling to really nail a start with a tune with a wilder torque spike off the bottom of the rev band, I enjoy the freedom to floor it and go (at least under ideal traction conditions) even more.

For me, the main thing that took a little getting used to was the relative lack of action between 1/2 and WOT with the MP275. Between these pedal travel values the boost hovers around halfway (while still accelerating, of course) until you fully floor the accelerator, at which time the rocket booster kicks in.

Between 0 and 1/2 throttle, pressing the accelerator gives a nice, smooth initial kick where the boost hits and then backs off slightly instead of continuing to spike.

Overall, I'd say it's a very intelligent tune in that it works within the inherent front-wheel-drive limitations of the Focus ST - not competing against them. Any other owners have different opinions of the MP275?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
The more reviews the merrier! I am a set it and forget it type and I know that Mountune has a great tune for folks like myself. Im not into tweaking and looking for every last drop of power. I don't race or anything so I'm just looking for a nice tune that will give me the added power to have some fun, and get onto the highway a bit quicker!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
The more reviews the merrier! I am a set it and forget it type and I know that Mountune has a great tune for folks like myself. Im not into tweaking and looking for every last drop of power. I don't race or anything so I'm just looking for a nice tune that will give me the added power to have some fun, and get onto the highway a bit quicker!!
Army94e,

Having said that, I think you'll be very happy with the MP275 package!

Cheers,

--Bob

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Thanks Bob! Now the funding begins!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Everyone has his/her own opinions, but I love the MP275 package. Here's how I characterize it.

My former tune, even when combined with my Steeda upper engine mount and cp-e RMM, still exhibited significant wheel hop and spinning off the line. Now, I can essentially floor it and it just hooks up and goes. And the WOT pull is very smooth and very strong all the way up.

While it is also fulfilling to really nail a start with a tune with a wilder torque spike off the bottom of the rev band, I enjoy the freedom to floor it and go (at least under ideal traction conditions) even more.

For me, the main thing that took a little getting used to was the relative lack of action between 1/2 and WOT with the MP275. Between these pedal travel values the boost hovers around halfway (while still accelerating, of course) until you fully floor the accelerator, at which time the rocket booster kicks in.

Between 0 and 1/2 throttle, pressing the accelerator gives a nice, smooth initial kick where the boost hits and then backs off slightly instead of continuing to spike.

Overall, I'd say it's a very intelligent tune in that it works within the inherent front-wheel-drive limitations of the Focus ST - not competing against them. Any other owners have different opinions of the MP275?
Hi! What I feel is very similar to what you feel ST Bob but also when I am cruising in sixth gear (between 70-80mph on the Fwy). The power kicks in very quickly but prior to the tune sixth gear was sixth gear...cruising gear. But with the new tune you feel the boost or pull when you punch it (when traveling 70-80mph)! You will quickly approach 100mph+ and to me that gets me every time. It makes the car more fun when you want to go around someone without having to downshift.

J

·
Registered
154 Posts

You will not need to buy a new mTune. We will give you instructions on how to update the unit with the MR300 calibration. The kit components on top of the MR275 package are the mountune Down Pipe, Mountune Exhaust and Intercooler hard pipe.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Piece by piece I will have this

·
Registered
2,190 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
And you will be very glad you did. JP
Ok Rocket ST, spill the beans about this MR300 tune! :)
How much of an improvement is it over the MP275?
Will it put a bigger smile on my face?

J

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Ok Rocket ST, spill the beans about this MR300 tune! :)
How much of an improvement is it over the MP275?
Will it put a bigger smile on my face?

J
J, I'm on the 275. Just lettin' Army know that that "piece" was a good first step. I told myself I'd get the 275 and stop there, but....well you know how it is. I did get the OZ's on yesterday and I'm very impressed. I couldn't get out of the tire shop, what with everybody comin' over asking questions about the car. Full m-spec Tux 3. A DP and a push of the m-tune button away from the 300. I'll probably have one too many brandies some night and pull the trigger. 'Til then, couldn't be happier. JP

1 - 20 of 154 Posts