Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Working on the install.

Have the intake, coupler and FMIC installed so far. Couldn't be more impressed with the design and fitment.

Rest coming soon. Will post dyno # when it's all done.

Thanks to Randy and Ken.

image-2922134432.jpg

image-428417274.jpg

image-2478363967.jpg

image-1829706976.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts
Randy or anyone:
I'm thinking of going to MR300. I'm only missing the silicone boost hose set and the MR300 remap.
I bought the dp since it was on sale. Question is: can I install the dp and still run MP275 - any harm?
I will eventually get the 2 missing pieces whenever there is another sale. I do understand that I will not take full advantage of the dp without the tune. However I want to do cat back and dp install in one shot instead of doing dp later.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
If you run the DP with the MP275 calibration you will most likely trigger the CEL for the catalyst below threshold, P0420. I don't recommend doing that since the CEL will always be on and that's not ideal since you may not know if another issue were to pop up with the light already illuminated.

·
Registered
356 Posts
So new guy here Randy. My question is does this kit if the "required" components are installed maintain factory warranty? Sorry if it has been addressed, but I am just trying to get to maximum upgrade but maintain my warranty.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
MP275 maintains warranty if installed by dealer. MR300 does not. If you are shopping on mountuneusa.com look for the green Warranty Safe check mark to tell if a part is warranty safe.

·
Registered
356 Posts
MP275 maintains warranty if installed by dealer. MR300 does not. If you are shopping on mountuneusa.com look for the green Warranty Safe check mark to tell if a part is warranty safe.
Thank You! Does the same point still apply with the parts in regards to the only Installed part by dealer or authorized center, being the Upload and plugs. The other items you can do yourself?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thank You! Does the same point still apply with the parts in regards to the only Installed part by dealer or authorized center, being the Upload and plugs. The other items you can do yourself?
I plan on doing the rich man's(I'd say poor mans but it's not cheap!) MR300 which is the MP275 with updated charge pipes, Cat Back, Updated recirculation Valve and the upgraded Air intake hose. This should keep everything CA Legal as I won't be altering the catalyst nor is there any major change in the Air intake other than smoothing out the flow less restriction.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have all the parts for the mr300 kit just ordered them on the black friday sale. Now just need to get the charge pipes, dp, and mr tune installed and I can't wait for the fun... oh after ford figures out why my car is way down on power. I sadly have a lemon

21 - 31 of 31 Posts