Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Randy for patiently answering all my questions about this setup over the last 6 months.

Placed the order last night and now I'm waiting patiently for the Dock strike to end in California.

I am going to document all the pieces of the install. My ST currently has no bolt-ons, so this should be quite a change.

Baseline Dyno will be next week.

Randy, I hope the installation instructions have been 'idiot proofed'. I'm going to put that to the test. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
It will definitely be quite the change. Congrats and have fun with it!

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Placed the order last night and now I'm waiting patiently for the Dock strike to end in California.

I am going to document all the pieces of the install. My ST currently has no bolt-ons, so this should be quite a change.
I have piece mealed Mountune parts for about a year. From what I have seen of some of your posts, it should be no problem. I just topped it off with a V3 and a pair of tunes from Randy a month or so back. Really, really happy with it.

So far I have installed the Mountune ARV, Low Restriction Intake and Open end filter, FMIC, CAT DP, CAI silicon hose, Boost Hoses, Lower Charge Pipe. A few ST friends stopped by for the FMIC, boost hoses, ARV, lower charge pipe. The extra pair of hands were helpful and a bit more fun. If I am not mistaken you installed your springs and dampers yourself. Compared to that, this is much easier. Found a few nuances along the way. There are definitely more mechanical members but if you need any information on the installs, PM me.

You definitely will not be disappointed with your purchase. Regarding the CAT downpipe, I am not sure how FL is for smogging but Randy made me one tune for the OE DP and another for their CAT DP, just in case I had to put the OE on for smog check.

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So freaking exciting. You thinking about doing an extra strength RMM or anything else to help minimize wheel hop?
I do have an RMM. I have the CFM RMM with 4 pins installed. I've been happy with it so far. I pulled it out about a month ago to check it on it's one year anniversary and it was in great shape.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Thanks to Randy for patiently answering all my questions about this setup over the last 6 months.

Baseline Dyno will be next week.

Randy, I hope the installation instructions have been 'idiot proofed'. I'm going to put that to the test. :)
Thanks for your order; we appreciate it! :cool:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yeah, smog checks aren't that annoying in CA, unlike most other states. I'm glad that I now live where they're not required, though.

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still awaiting shipping. There is a slowdown at the West Coast ports and I'm sure it'll take a few more weeks to get everything in.

While waiting, I dyno'd my car today to establish a baseline. I'll be using the same dyno for subsequent pulls.

My car is totally stock (engine-wise).

52F/31% ambient. Sunoco 93.

3 pulls, all within 5hp/8ft-lbs

221whp
237ft-lbs

Using 'standard' FWD drivetrain loss, I'm right where I should be for stock.

Excited to see what the MR300 brings. :D

Blurple Dyno Baseline 1.jpeg

·
Registered
419 Posts
Can't wait to see what happens here. I suspect I'll be going this route in short order. Doing all the installs yourself?

Randy - can you provide details of what AP features are retained in the Mtune?

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can't wait to see what happens here. I suspect I'll be going this route in short order. Doing all the installs yourself? Randy - can you provide details of what AP features are retained in the Mtune?
Yes. Me and a friend are doing all the work.

As many pictures and as much video as we can remember to take during the install.

We are renting a bay with a lift for the day.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Lookin' good! Anxious to see the dyno numbers of the MR300! May convince me to upgrade to that down the road :wink: subbed!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts