Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
17 FoST, 92 300ZX
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
12/09/2021

Replaced the bushings in my front upper control arm but turns out the driver side CA is twisted which prevented me from finishing the driver side. Realized it while attemtping to put it on the car. I got a new one on order, should be in soon.

Tire Automotive tire Wood Bicycle part Wheel
Gas Machine Auto part Metal Automotive engine part
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Rim
Camera accessory Rectangle Cylinder Auto part Electric blue

Also my coilovers and sway bars came in.

Coil spring Bicycle part Gas Tool Electronic device

Added 12/10/2021 12am

Got the front coilovers and swaybar installed. Swaybar is set on the "Understeer" option. Wont start on the rear until I'm able to get the car off stands and see where the height is at. Trying to leave it close to stock height until I get 18's for the CTS V brake conversion.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Tread
Automotive tire Sports equipment Bicycle part Gas Bumper

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Fender Hat Asphalt

Added 12/11/2021

Got the driver side FUCA in the mail today so I was able to finish the front end finally.
Also finished the line lock and tested it out by doing a launch.
Wheel hopped bad, so its a good thing Ill be replacing the rear suspension anyways.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Bumper

Automotive tire Hood Wood Road surface Grey

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST
616 Posts
Rectangle Font Cloud Parallel Gas

Wow... So this is modded right? What was it like stock?
I may get banned for this.....What about an LS swap.... :ROFLMAO:
Seriously though a fox body 302 would probably drop in this and it would be all sorts of nuts.
Nice build. I'm just messin with you.
So I am just a huge FoxBody fan and I can see why they were the standard to beat for so many years. I have to get back to my build. You have inspired me sir. However I will not sacrifice my 15 mostly 18 year scotch like Duece has.:D

·
Registered
17 FoST, 92 300ZX
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Wow... So this is modded right? What was it like stock?
I may get banned for this.....What about an LS swap.... :ROFLMAO:
Seriously though a fox body 302 would probably drop in this and it would be all sorts of nuts.
Nice build. I'm just messin with you.
So I am just a huge FoxBody fan and I can see why they were the standard to beat for so many years. I have to get back to my build. You have inspired me sir. However I will not sacrifice my 15 mostly 18 year scotch like Duece has.:D
If you don’t include the intake as a true mod then the motor is still stock. It’s never been opened and rebuilt. It’s just old.

An LS swap would be entertaining but I’m not a fan of buying a swap kit for 6k, then buying and building an ls motor. I could easily have about 12-14k for the whole kit and motor. To me personally, I don’t see the benefits of that route when there are cheaper options to get above 600hp.

I don’t know if there are any kits for a ford motor into a 300zx. Would definitely be different.

·
Registered
17 FoST, 92 300ZX
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Have you thought about a RB swap instead of the 2J?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yea, it would be nice to do a RB26 swap, but I can find a 2JZ at my local pick and pull for $250.

Im still waiting for my friend to pull his TT motor out. He’s been busy with work, but that’s ok. I’ll get it eventually and I’m sure I can find something to replace in the meantime.

·
Registered
17 FoST, 92 300ZX
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
12/13/2021

Got the rear sway bar and coil overs on. Swaybar links were a nightmare and basically stripping the rear trunk to just get to the top coil bolts was lame.
The rear sits lower now. I didn't adjust the coil to match the factory length like I did for the front.
I'm going to let it sit as is for a couple of weeks then drop the front 1-1.5in by the looks of it.
I'm debating if I should take 4in hole saw to the interior panel right above the coil bolts to create a pathway so I don't have to do this level of dissemble again.

Also removed the rear speakers since its all stripped.

Photograph Automotive tire White Motor vehicle Black
Automotive tire Coil Motor vehicle Gas Engineering

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Trunk Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

12/14/2021

Put the interior back together and went ahead a used a 3.5 hole saw to cut out a quick access. Ill come up with something to use as a cap/plug.
Also got the new base plate finally mounted. Turned out great.

Automotive tire Automotive design Asphalt Road surface Motor vehicle

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
17 FoST, 92 300ZX
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
1/17/2022

Been doing some work on the car this past weekend, took a break and did some small projects on my house.

Removed the steering pump, the clutch fan assembly and will be switching to an Taurus E-Fan set up. I also will be de-powering the steering rack. Now the only parasitic loss on the motor will be the alternator and water pump. You know, gotta free up some extra ponies to help that 185hp monster.
So on the current tune, the “Fuel Load” is controlled by the TPS sensor. After I get done with the current task on hand, and when I get the NOS installed, I’m going to have it retuned to where the fuel load is controlled by the MAP sensor. I think this will yield better results.

So my goal is to be able to put a ½ spacer plate for the NOS on the current intake setup. The only problem is the radiator cap location is dead center, which prevents the filter being put on the TB. (no spacer on yet).
So E-fan setup (free up ponies), switch to a TT model radiator (side mount radiator cap) and go from there. If all else fails, I might have to switch to a ShearerFAB intake and move to a 102mm throttle body for everything to work.

So I’ve been de-pinning connectors and sheathing what I can. Moving all the wires that cross over underneath the radiator support (might be cut out at a later point in time) and feeding them through the front crash bar. Not my preferred method but it will be fine for now.
At a later point in time I want to take out the dash and reorganize the wires (both body and main harness) and have it all under the dash.
Some wires I was able to get rid of because I went though the front fuse box and got rid relays that were no longer being used. Also converted one relay into another fan relay so I’ll be running a Pusher (old A/C condenser fan) and Puller fan (Taurus) setup.

And even after all the wiring that I messed with, everything that's supposed to work, still works.
Still not done yet though, still got a ways before I can put the body panels back on.

Grille Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design
Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle
Train Motor vehicle Light Automotive tire Automotive design
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Bumper

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Wheel Automotive exterior
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
17 FoST, 92 300ZX
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
01/242022

Got the wiring all done sorted out so now I'm ready to put the fenders on.
Threw on some labels on the dash for fun.
Car likes to idle around 800 RPM now, the clutch fan would always make it idle at 1100 rpm.
Got both fans wired the ECU and works flawlessly. Main fan kicks on at 155 F and the AUX fan kicks on 185 F.
Might change the values once I am able to drive it on the road again and see what the temps normalize at.
Got a seal for the driver side headlamp now on and put a 240v outlet in my garage.
Hopefully I can get a welder soon and start the real fun.

Still need to change out to a TT radiator and take apart my steering rack.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light
Red Auto part Motor vehicle Machine Automotive exterior
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

02/22/22

Havent done much lately. Got a welder and been practicing a lot.
Finally was able to get something done on my car. Did a side exit for fun.
Also got a couple things on order.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

03/04/22

Got my new rear sway bar links installed and my rear strut bar.

Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design
Luggage and bags Bag Product Textile Rectangle

·
Registered
17 FoST, 92 300ZX
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
3/06/2022

Exhaust wrapped the pipes I made. Looks decent. Only temporary.
Maybe if the weather plays nice Ill drop the steering rack finally and depower it. Been too cold.
My NOS kit is on back order until "3/25" so hopefully it will come in early April.
Have it retuned and I'm sending it down the track. Could blow, or not. We'll see.

Road surface Asphalt Beige Sleeve Grey

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
7,180 Posts
What's your end goal as far as exhaust goes? Having an x pipe equipped exhaust will promote scavenging and net you decent horsepower. Your individual pipes are doing you harm right now, as far as performance goes

·
Registered
17 FoST, 92 300ZX
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
What's your end goal as far as exhaust goes? Having an x pipe equipped exhaust will promote scavenging and net you decent horsepower. Your individual pipes are doing you harm right now, as far as performance goes
I got my TIG torch for my welder about a week ago. After I get the NOS installed and whatnot, I plan on immediately starting the twin turbo build aspect. Already got a few things in my shopping cart, just waiting to pull the trigger.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts