Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to remove the secondary 02 sensor plug on my MPx catless downpipe, in order to install an 02 sensor for my AFR gauge I just got. For the life of me, I cannot get a f****** big enough socket around it. I even went to buy a 22mm 12 point socket and that's not big enough!

This is ridiculous.

The bolts on there are these suckers.

They are 6 points, and it must be a 1" size across

Does someone have a know how for the size?

Anything below a 19mm won't fit (a 22mm 12 point socket won't even fit around it)
Anything smaller than a 7/8 won't work. (7/8 doesn't fit around it)

My only and last option is to try a 15/16.

·
1,976 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to remove the secondary 02 sensor plug on my MPx catless downpipe, in order to install an 02 sensor for my AFR gauge I just got. For the life of me, I cannot get a f****** big enough socket around it. I even went to buy a 22mm 12 point socket and that's not big enough!

This is ridiculous.

The bolts on there are these suckers.

They are 6 points, and it must be a 1" size across

Does someone have a know how for the size?

Anything below a 19mm won't fit (a 22mm 12 point socket won't even fit around it)
Anything smaller than a 7/8 won't work. (7/8 doesn't fit around it)

My only and last option is to try a 15/16.
Why in the world did you buy a wideband afr gauge, our cars come factory with a wideband sensor installed oem. All you needed was an Access Port to view the live afr ratio and much more. Gauges are becoming a thing of the past, I would sell the gauge just mho.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why in the world did you buy a wideband afr gauge, our cars come factory with a wideband sensor installed oem. All you needed was an Access Port to view the live afr ratio and much more. Gauges are becoming a thing of the past, I would sell the gauge just mho.
I know it does, I've had it on my AP3 for the longest time. I got tired of sifting through the AP3 screen looking for it with the gauges I have on there already. I'm trying to choose a different phone mount for my AP3 so right now I have nothing to display my AP3 with.

But, just wanted something to have on my pillar for easy glance without other gauges interfering.

I found the socket for it, it's a 24mm socket, I'm just needing a flex head wrench to get more leverage to crack it loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts