Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many mpg is everyone getting so far? An how many leafs do you have on your eco boost?

·
Registered
400 Posts
26.3 right now. Started out about 23.1 but has gotten better... mainly because I'm doing more highway miles and have gotten over my first week fascination with flooring it every chance I got. 5 leaves on my tree, except for the gear shifting one, which has never shown me a leaf yet.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right now im at 20.9 i started out at 15 when i got it from the dealer with 66miles on it. I mostly drive in city but im really hoping to get up to 25 at least! I have 3 leafs on gear shifting and 5 on speed and the middle one goes back in forth from 0-3. But for being my first 6 speed ever i think im doing alright right now.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just reset the mpg gauge for the first time since I got the car and it jumped up to 26 and leafs 4 3 5

·
Registered
674 Posts
My commute is mostly stop and go.
23 MPG avg 0/5 GS 0/5 Ant. 5/5 Spd

Went on a road trip this weekend. Off freeway avg 45 mph in 6th gear, I was getting 32+ MPG. Once I got on the freeway @ 70+ mph, I got 27 MPG. And advanced Eco driver all leaves...now I have the achievement, so I don't EVER need to drive like a grandma again!

Gear shifting wants you to stay below 2k RPM.
Anticipation expects you to have the clutch in a mile before you need to brake, and avoid stopping completely.
Speed just wants you to stay below 70ish

42...That's always the answer.

·
Registered
272 Posts
First road trip today. Averaged 29.3 over 100 miles. Rainy day so I was in 6th at sub 65 for most of the trip. Not sure how 32 mpg is possible. I was out of the turbo almost the entire trip. Curious if anyone has seen more than 30.

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
With a tailwind and travelling downhill the whole way. LOL.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I had average 29-31 mpg during my road trips from Pa to NC. I am going roughly 75-80 in 6th gear during that time. I get usually 24-26 around town
Documents have a tune? How many miles?

42...That's always the answer.

·
Registered
448 Posts
328 on a tank, 10.8 gals to fill, ya'll can do the math

Sent from my iPhone using FocusSTorg

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I have Torrie's tune. I just put a Green Filter on, will be driving from Pa to NC Tuesday to see if it made a difference. All my figures are based on calculated math, not the on board computer display. I have been getting the same mileage since I bought the car with 150 miles on it, I now have 3000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
I average around 26mpg using a different app in mixed driving. I never let my tank get below 1/2 and I fill up with 93 octane (ethanol 10%) and my onboard computer says 308 miles to empty each and every time after a reset. At each fill-up it's just over 6 gallons. One of these days I'll get a bit more adventurous and let my ST get down to the reserve to better determine my actual mileage per tank.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just did a ~300mi drive, 75 for most of the way. Now granted I'm only 500 miles in on the car, but I got about 26. Wondering if that can be increased with a different tune or if it's going to be hard to change because of the gearing. In my ms3 I could get about 30-32mpg in the exact same situation.

·
Registered
272 Posts
@nuttysquirrel - in my experience the MS3 onboard computer was 4-5 mpg optimistic. I had 107k miles on mine....nearly all hwy reverse commute...and averaged 26.1 over the life of the car. I never saw more than 30mpg on any fill up...all numbers calculated with fuel log. So far my ST has been spot on with mpg on the on board computer.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have Torrie's tune. I just put a Green Filter on, will be driving from Pa to NC Tuesday to see if it made a difference. All my figures are based on calculated math, not the on board computer display. I have been getting the same mileage since I bought the car with 150 miles on it, I now have 3000 miles.
I think you are getting better fuel economy from Torries tune. And i don't think the MPG calculator is smart enough to adjust. My MPG has been perfectly accurate with my math for the last few tanks. I can't wait for Torries tune, folks are reporting 4-5 MPG improvement from the tune...

·
Registered
719 Posts
Just did the math after my first 750 miles and got average of 23.2 MPG.

Those miles included daily cold start 1/4 mile trips to work, town driving, highway driving, time spent trying to get a lot of leaves on the tree things where I got 4-5-5 before finding out that driving this thing can squirt from one group of cars on the highway like a good MC which led to much time north of 80 and a couple of trips north of 120.

I suppose the MPG will get better when the fun wears off. Barring tickets I expect that to not happen before 2020.

1 - 20 of 279 Posts