Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got finished driving home with the MP275 installed. First off if you like the torque steer and power delivery to come on strong this might not be for you. Not quite sure what I was expecting but it seems more drivable. Granted I haven't gotten on the highway and my drive home was all stop and go. Torque steer is much more manageable. Power delivery is much smoother. The stock tune seems to come on harder. And maybe it's just me but it seems the sound symposer is quieter than stock. All in all I need to put in more miles before I make my mind up before I decide if it was ultimately worth the price of admission. But my initial impression is favorable.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
455 Posts
Just got finished driving home with the MP275 installed. First off if you like the torque steer and power delivery to come on strong this might not be for you. Not quite sure what I was expecting but it seems more drivable. Granted I haven't gotten on the highway and my drive home was all stop and go. Torque steer is much more manageable. Power delivery is much smoother. The stock tune seems to come on harder. And maybe it's just me but it seems the sound symposer is quieter than stock. All in all I need to put in more miles before I make my mind up before I decide if it was ultimately worth the price of admission. But my initial impression is favorable.

Definitely gotta hit the highway!! It will pull harder all the way to redline.. Im about a month into having the MP275 on my car now and I absolutely love it. I didnt notice a difference in the sound symposer though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
man I wish one of you guys was in AZ, I'd love to check out the mountune one. I have the FRPP intake, exhaust & tune and would like to compare it to this tune in person. I really enjoy the ridiculous amount of torque my tune offers but it does run out for sure

·
Registered
455 Posts
man I wish one of you guys was in AZ, I'd love to check out the mountune one. I have the FRPP intake, exhaust & tune and would like to compare it to this tune in person. I really enjoy the ridiculous amount of torque my tune offers but it does run out for sure
At what rpm does the car feel like it falls flat? Or stops pulling?

·
Registered
547 Posts
After mine was done the SS did seem quieter it will pull real nice on the highway (4th and 5th). And makes a great DD.

Going on 20k + with the MP275.

Reactions: v0mitus

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST3
689 Posts
We pulled the symposer when we put in the exhaust - the intake noise is more pronounced with the filter and I put in the Mountune elbow that removes the accordion piece - the car runs awesome!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
At what rpm does the car feel like it falls flat? Or stops pulling?

Its kind of difficult to explain the feeling of the tune. If I'm rolling in 2nd at 2k RPMs and floor it, you are completely pushed into the seat through most of the gear, I shift around 5500 RPM. I feel it pulls through most gears pretty well. And I think my issues with the tune might be mental lol. Before I give it the beans or shift I picture the torque curve graph from the ford performance site and quickly decide whats the best way to stay in my power band. I'm extremely analytical and want every pull or on ramp to feel the best that it can. My REAL (non mental) problem is that I live in PHX and its 106 all day and Levels performance hasn't shipped my FMIC I ordered on July 2nd haha

·
Registered
121 Posts
What shop did you use for the installation?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What shop did you use for the installation?
I got the install done at Growler Motorsports formerly Cobb in Plano. Was a little on the high side but the work was very clean and I plan on getting all future work done there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Definitely gotta hit the highway!! It will pull harder all the way to redline.. Im about a month into having the MP275 on my car now and I absolutely love it. I didnt notice a difference in the sound symposer though..

This morning went to get wife's state registration. So I took some back roads and little bit of freeway and WOW! I'm in the DFW area and it's cooler today, like as of writing this it's 80°. Drive with radio off and windows down. First off the sound of the turbo is much more pronounced. The acceleration is much smoother on stop and go roads. And on the freeway, it's a new car all together. I'm pretty stoked about putting some more miles on this bad boy

·
Registered
99 Posts

I've had mine from new 20k and five months old. Absolutely love it. Yes it is smooth also a lot more torque steer than standard. But the Mountune rmm fixed that

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
It does look like Cobb shuttered their Plano shop and rebranded. That is where my car was built.

I got the install done at Growler Motorsports formerly Cobb in Plano. Was a little on the high side but the work was very clean and I plan on getting all future work done there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts