Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Germany everyone. I've been lurking for quite some time and figured it's about time to join. I've had my Performance Blue 2016 ST3 since late January. I've not done too much to the car except Unleashed tune, Rally Armor mudflaps, weathertech floor matts and winter tires (Conti WinterContact 850P) that went on the stock wheels and the stock summer tires went on black Konig Oversteer's.. I've also updated the Sync to use android auto back in March.. I've really been thinking hard about the LSD next due to first and second pretty much unusable. Germany has stickler laws and such that prevents you from washing your car in your driveway let alone doing something like tearing down a transmission so I'll probably have to find a reputable person to install it unfortunately. My background is in motorcycles(hayabusa and Harleys), cars(foreign and domestic) and offroad vehicles.. My wife has told me to never give the "I like long walks on the beach on cool summer nights" speech again sooo.. yeahhh.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Well, thanks for stepping out of the shadows!

Haven't done the LSD myself yet but I keep kicking around the idea.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I've seen from reviews on the LSD and knowledge on lockers from the offroad side, I would imagine it would help immensely on grip and limit the torque steer. Hopefully give those squiggly line lights a break..

On a separate note, has the Vette factory recovered from that sinkhole? It's been a few years..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Approximately how much would a LSD upgrade cost?

I agree that 1st gear on a torque-happy vehicle such as the ST is somewhat useless and I'm wondering how I'll even manage to gain traction when the snow arrives (I've only had mine for three weeks now).

I was thinking that I'll just have to take off while in 2nd gear. :-/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts