Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the confusing thread title. I added the Greddy SP exhaust to my Cobb DP yesterday and noticed now I have some movement/banging when I get into 75-90% throttle in 1st and 2nd gear. It feels like it's upfront in the DP area. I put the car up on jacks after I noticed it and tried to move the exhaust but I couldn't replicate any movement. The aft cross member area looked tight (even using the spacers) so I removed the brace but it's still making contact somewhere. I'm thinking it must be coming from the DP as maybe the Greddy setup is more rigid than the stocker so when the motor moves it is moving the DP? Just spit balling here anyone else run into this issue?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Subbed as I'm having movement with my greddy exhaust as well. Mine is only when it's cold and first starts up. After it warms up and I've driven it some, I dont hear any rattles. I'm thinking mine is coming from the cut heatshield that I did to get that elbow piece in.

I'm also tempted to buy the cobb exhaust hangers as it comes with that 4th piece and that might hold it even better. Maybe that will help you?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I am using the Cobb hangars now. THe exhaust isn't moving for mine or if it is, it's up front by the mount to the DP and front hangars. I can feel it in the shifter so I'm also thinking it could be something with the RMM and I'm now feeling it because the exhaust is stiffer than the stock set-up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This could be RMM but at 7k I'd be curious how simply changing the CBE would push to fail. From what I can tell though the DP is making contact on the cross member while the motor is loaded. Originally I thought it was the forward hangars at the DP but that has at least 1" of clearance.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Are you sure it's around the downpipes area? My old injen exhaust used to hit around the rear suspension bits where it gets snaked through. Cobb exhaust hangers solved that issue for me, but it sounds like you already have those.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Idk if this is an issue for anyone else, but I only have a cp-e downpipe stock exhaust and I had rattle near that area as well. Turns out stock DP bracket cracked. There is a replacement for it, and that along with the Cobb hangers would surely do the trick, I think lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
same issue as juicyz, on cold start, 1st and 2nd definitely some banging. greddy cbe + stock dp. already have an upgraded rmm.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,172 Posts
same issue as juicyz, on cold start, 1st and 2nd definitely some banging. greddy cbe + stock dp. already have an upgraded rmm.
First thing is the stock DP hangers (where the 2 posts slide into) when that hanger rips the DP can sag and hit the crossmember. Also, the brace mount that goes up and around the DP right before the turbo (has the brillo pad looking thing on it) can vibrate and rattle in certain RPM ranges.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Is this issue resolved OP? I have the Greddy cbe, levels downpipe and upgraded RMM with no rattle. My car is also a '13 with the 4 stock hangars.
If it isn't resolved I'd upgrade the RMM and get a RDC downpipe bracket and go from there. There's a chance that if you have the stock RMM, it causes some flex in the downpipe bracket which can cause the plastic to tear. Mine was banged up when I did my cbe and downpipe at 32k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: teej_MI
1 - 10 of 10 Posts