Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a chance I couldn't resist and sold the ST and bought a CLA45 AMG. Definitely miss slamming the gears in the ST but he CLA is much faster and comfortable.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I love the CLA, though I we got the hatchback model that the rest of the world has; it's marketed as a cute ute with a raised ride height. While we get the not so attractive sedan. But I don't buy based on looks and the CLA is a rocket with good albeit expensive aftermarket support.

I just saw a video on You Tube of I think some Asian company that makes turbo upgrades for this and they made 487 hp with a GTX3071 Gen II. Have fun likely the best handling FWD car even though people will say that's the new Type R.

Oh and the auto trans shifts fast, you can program it to shift even faster. This is the advantage that DSG GTI's and Golf R's have over the Focus ST and Focus RS especially in acceleration runs.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
The GLA45 (CLA45's fat cousin) is my dream car. :D
GLA is just the hatchback version of the CLA the rest of the world gets at a lower ride height. There is no CLA sedan outside of America.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
CLA45's are not FWD they are AWD, at least they are here in australia.
AMG I believe has a 60/40 torque split.

As I said I like the car, if you get a base AMG CLA45 it's priced near the Evo X and WRX STi. However start ticking boxes iand it spirals upward to $50,000 where you have more than a few choices with similar or better performance depending on what you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
AMG I believe has a 60/40 torque split.

As I said I like the car, if you get a base AMG CLA45 it's priced near the Evo X and WRX STi. However start ticking boxes iand it spirals upward to $50,000 where you have more than a few choices with similar or better performance depending on what you are looking for.
Lol your not paying less than 50.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I love the CLA, though I we got the hatchback model that the rest of the world has; it's marketed as a cute ute with a raised ride height. While we get the not so attractive sedan. But I don't buy based on looks and the CLA is a rocket with good albeit expensive aftermarket support.

I just saw a video on You Tube of I think some Asian company that makes turbo upgrades for this and they made 487 hp with a GTX3071 Gen II. Have fun likely the best handling FWD car even though people will say that's the new Type R.

Oh and the auto trans shifts fast, you can program it to shift even faster. This is the advantage that DSG GTI's and Golf R's have over the Focus ST and Focus RS especially in acceleration runs.
I was referring to this section of your quote. The AMG's are AWD.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I was referring to this section of your quote. The AMG's are AWD.
I made a mistake yes the AMG's are AWD

I realised what I said but didn't correct it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought a 2016 GLA45 to replace my ST. MSRP was 68.8k. With 5,900 miles I got it for 47.8k. The RS is going for close to that and isn't near the car this Benz is. Couldn't turn it down. The car runs like a raped ape. 375 HP with 26 psi boost stock is unheard of. The best part...MB included a launch control from the factory. 0-60 in 4.1 sec.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
I bought a 2016 GLA45 to replace my ST. MSRP was 68.8k. With 5,900 miles I got it for 47.8k. The RS is going for close to that and isn't near the car this Benz is. Couldn't turn it down. The car runs like a raped ape. 375 HP with 26 psi boost stock is unheard of. The best part...MB included a launch control from the factory. 0-60 in 4.1 sec.

Nice car, but not worth it once you factor in the service costs. Aftermarket is also not a fun place to keep your wallet exposed.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Nice car, but not worth is once you factor in the service costs. Aftermarket is also not a fun place to keep your wallet exposed.
Oh god yeah, getting anything done to the car will fork you with serious expense. It looks fantastic, but it would be awesome to own I'm sure.

·
Registered
222 Posts

Awesome car and a great choice.

FWIW the RS's are going for about 10k less here and with 2k in mods it walks the MB. With that said the GLA45 is a better all around car and in stock form it's a beast, just like the new Audi RS3 hatch. (that we can't get here yet!)

Have fun with her!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Awesome car and a great choice.

FWIW the RS's are going for about 10k less here and with 2k in mods it walks the MB. With that said the GLA45 is a better all around car and in stock form it's a beast, just like the new Audi RS3 hatch. (that we can't get here yet!)

Have fun with her!
Plus it has a manual gearbox :big smile:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I do miss the manual but I must say I am impressed with the DCT in this MB. If you've never driven a DCT I encourage you give it a go. It will change your opinions on auto boxes. I bought it CPO. Unlimited miles for the next 5 years. I do 35k a year, so I will take full advantage. From talking to dealer I'm looking at 1k per year in maintenance. $80 per month. More than the FoST but not awful. I'll never need to mod the car. It is pretty awesome off the showroom floor. Plus, I don't want to risk the warranty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts