Ford Focus ST Forum banner

101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey guys, I just installed this bpv on my car and now I'm hearing a slight chirping when I give it light throttle.. anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Hey guys, I just installed this bpv on my car and now I'm hearing a slight chirping when I give it light throttle.. anyone else experience this?
Do you have a cai intake?

Make sure you the wiring harness goes on top of the bpv, not under. You'd be surprised how many people screw that up

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Got mine installed in the 40 minutes it took my wife to run our daughter to get her braces adjusted.

Quality is top notch!

Swear I can hear the turbo a little more now. :)

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Got mine installed in the 40 minutes it took my wife to run our daughter to get her braces adjusted.

Quality is top notch!

Swear I can hear the turbo a little more now. :)
To confirm, the M goes at 4 o'clock, correct?

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I put mine at 7. That's what the instructions show
That was RS only I'm pretty sure. Original instructions were wrong if I remember correctly; I thought another post said 4, mine didn't include instructions.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
That was RS only I'm pretty sure. Original instructions were wrong if I remember correctly; I thought another post said 4, mine didn't include instructions.
Instructions on mountune's website are for RS. The RS is 7 o'clock. The ST should be 4 o'clock as mentioned in this thread and confirmed by Ken at mountune.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Finally got around to swapping this out today. What a difference in quality, the stock BPV is junk.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Finally got around to swapping this out today. What a difference in quality, the stock BPV is junk.
Mine in at 7 as THATS WHAT THE INSTRUCTIONS SAID :sad: @[email protected] does this need to be pulled out and moved? Is this F'ing something up by being in wrong. I'm a bit ticked off about finding this now 2 months after putting it in.

Reactions: 20focusSTdriver17

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Well the weather is totally miserable today so I took mine out and put it back in at 4 o'clock. It's way to miserable to run any logs to see what difference in performance this might make. I have absolutely no clue what type of difference this makes to the turbo's function. It does seem that the BPV is rather silent now.

I'm in total disbelief that a company like Mountune still has not made any install instructions that are proper for the ST and continue to let people assume the RS directions are correct. Total loss for words on this. Ken had made a post on 02-17-14 confirming the 4 o'clock position. It's now 9 months later and I don't see any updated instructions.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Well the weather is totally miserable today so I took mine out and put it back in at 4 o'clock. It's way to miserable to run any logs to see what difference in performance this might make. I have absolutely no clue what type of difference this makes to the turbo's function. It does seem that the BPV is rather silent now.

I'm in total disbelief that a company like Mountune still has not made any install instructions that are proper for the ST and continue to let people assume the RS directions are correct. Total loss for words on this. Ken had made a post on 02-17-14 confirming the 4 o'clock position. It's now 9 months later and I don't see any updated instructions.
I was a bit taken aback by lack of instructions as well. Not everyone is mechanically inclined in that they can look at something and know how it goes in, but I'm smart enough to take out a few bolts. I would think that they would have contacted buyers of the product with incorrect instructions to take the valve out and reinstall. Also, for new buyers, an instruction sheet included that said "install with M at 4 o'clock" would have been nice.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Haven't had a chance to do some real logging yet but just fing around I'm now getting boost over 24 psi in panda tune where I hardly ever saw more the 22.5 before. Seat of the pants is confirming this too. Anyone still at 7 o'clock should seriously change it to 4.

If I'm tappin I'm probably lifting.

Reactions: 20focusSTdriver17

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was a bit taken aback by lack of instructions as well. Not everyone is mechanically inclined in that they can look at something and know how it goes in, but I'm smart enough to take out a few bolts. I would think that they would have contacted buyers of the product with incorrect instructions to take the valve out and reinstall. Also, for new buyers, an instruction sheet included that said "install with M at 4 o'clock" would have been nice.
Apologies for not supplying direct instructions for the C346 ST. We are working on it however please note the actual clocking of the valve on the C346 ST will have no effect to the performance of the valve or engine. The mountune valve has complete 360 degree access to the air flow once installed. If the valve is aligned with the exit directed to the inlet in the compressor housing (as pictured ) the added benefit will be slightly more noise. Ideally it would make sense to align the valve at 4 o'clock however
there will be no measurable change to boost pressure or performance otherwise. Again apologies for not taking care of this sooner.

Thanks-Ken

c346trv12-1.jpg

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I did do 2 runs today and agree that boost pressure on these runs where about the same. Not sure why I got several 24 spikes the other day.

If I'm tappin I'm probably lifting.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Apologies for not supplying direct instructions for the C346 ST. We are working on it however please note the actual clocking of the valve on the C346 ST will have no effect to the performance of the valve or engine. The mountune valve has complete 360 degree access to the air flow once installed. If the valve is aligned with the exit directed to the inlet in the compressor housing (as pictured ) the added benefit will be slightly more noise. Ideally it would make sense to align the valve at 4 o'clock however
there will be no measurable change to boost pressure or performance otherwise. Again apologies for not taking care of this sooner.

Thanks-Ken

View attachment 74164
No problem Ken, I appreciate the response, as I'm sure others do as well.

mountune will be getting more of my $$ soon, lol.

Reactions: FoCuSTar27

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yeah the picture definitely helps, I also appreciate you guys updating the site accordingly.

101 - 120 of 135 Posts