Ford Focus ST Forum banner

81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Do you have to use the stock bracket when installing this?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Crap, I don't have that anymore. I know a few people running the Boomba that didn't re-use the bracket, wonder if it would be ok without it. Thanks ST Bob

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Are you saying that to be snide and rude? I've done a few of these already, I'm just asking if it's required

·
Registered
252 Posts
Not at all, I don't actually remember there being a bracket required as it should just slot in to the same location the stock one goes

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
My apologies then, I read that in the wrong context. I had a metal bracket holding in my factory bpv and was not sure if it was needed for this application or if it just holds that solenoid in place. It looks like the new unit would hold fine without it as the frame on it had holes for the bolts.

·
Registered
807 Posts
The few I have installed I still used the stock bracket. No instructions in the packaging, so I left the stock bracket as a harness I think it is, attaches to it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Finally got this installed on the ST, sounds almost the same as stock only holds boost a little longer it seems. Much, much, much better build quality than factory. The factory one is crap, I can't believe it comes with such a low quality recirculation valve from factory. I'd recommend upgrading the factory one for this, it's definitely more robust and you don't have to worry about it wearing out over time like the factory one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does this come with the three bolts to install or do you have to reuse the factory bolts? I have misplaced the factory bolts since I installed my Boomba BOV. If they do not come with bolts, can someone lead me in the direction of the correct part numbers for the bracket as well as the bolts? I can't seem to find those parts anywhere!

81 - 100 of 135 Posts