Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have the Mountune BPV what are your thoughts? I am particularly interested in ease of install, build quality, sound change (I have seen some sellers advertising a change in sound) and anything else you think a potential buyer might want to know.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I'm looking at this as well. Would prefer not to have the crazy loud sound of a BOV, but a little more sound and a better reliability would be awesome

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
522 Posts
I hear no difererence with the mountune recirc valve. It just looks cool honestly and replaces the factory recirc which is ****.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad to hear that there is no sound difference (I am not after loud). Any feedback on ease of install. From what I have seen it looks pretty easy, but I have also never done one, so I am curious.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the Mountune air intake and the Mountune diverter it's pretty quiet on my car.
Glad to hear this as I also have the Mountune Air Intake (ordered from FSWerks :)).

I believe the answer is yes, but just to verify, the Mountune diverter is a direct replacement (i.e. no adjustments or tuning required for installation... just bolt it in). For now I am running a stock tune, but I plan on loading a tune in the spring (which is the reason I am considering this upgrade to begin with as I have heard the stock BPV is not as well made as this part).

·
Registered
116 Posts
would it work with tunes? given the increase in boost? is the spring tension adjustable like some others?

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
We are glad you like and thanks for posting the photos.
We designed this part originally for the Focus RS and RS 500. It was part of our MR375 package so it will handle significant flow.
Fortunately, the C346ST uses the BorgWarner turbo with mechanical recirculation valve so this part was compatible.
I will talk to engineering and see if there are any specific ratings.

As a side note, our new lower IC pipe upgrade helps turbo response and is an easy install once you are underneath the car.
We will be adding a kit with favorable pricing to the website that includes the pipe and bypass valve later today.

http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Lower-Intercooler-Pipe-Upgrade-Focus-ST-p/2363-hp-aa.htm

Ken.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ken... are there any service recommendations on this part? I feel like some of the other BPV/BOV options on the market require service (cleaning/lubrication) every 30K miles or so.

·
Registered
129 Posts
We are glad you like and thanks for posting the photos.
We designed this part originally for the Focus RS and RS 500. It was part of our MR375 package so it will handle significant flow.
Fortunately, the C346ST uses the BorgWarner turbo with mechanical recirculation valve so this part was compatible.
I will talk to engineering and see if there are any specific ratings.

As a side note, our new lower IC pipe upgrade helps turbo response and is an easy install once you are underneath the car.
We will be adding a kit with favorable pricing to the website that includes the pipe and bypass valve later today.

mountune Lower Intercooler Pipe Upgrade, Focus ST 2013-14

Ken.
That is actually pretty cool that the hard pipe can be bought outside of the package with the upgrade soft hoses. Is there still a flow benefit to be seen just swapping out the hard pipe and leaving the stock soft hoses?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 135 Posts