Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

For those of you that watched my video on how **** a catless straight pipe sounds, I upgraded to the Mountune Turbo-Back system. Hope you enjoy, it sounds much much better. The best part that I absolutely love, is it propels barely any sound ahead of the car as you see in the later part of the video. So this exhaust is absolutely perfect for those that want stealth and maintain a sleeper presence. I will have many more videos coming up reviewing it in 4k. My channel has the unboxing video if you wish to view that as well.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Love mine, sounds sporty without going rice. Most folks think its the stock exhaust

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The beautiful thing about it is that its like two systems. If you're just cruising around, its dead quiet, but when you're on it, it has just the proper amount of noise. Pretty cool, i'm gonna kick up the cracks and pops from medium to loud to see what difference it makes. The exhaust system completely muffles out the medium setting, so just for experimentation, I ordered a adjustment from Stratified. A video will come tomorrow to see what it sounds like, my prediction is it will be barely noticeable or have a slight burble. I don't want to run it for too long on my Mountune cat, that thing is $650 lol. Then again, if it breaks the cat, i'll just drill it out and run catless.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Nice video, and their exhausts are 20% off today on their 12 days of Mountune event. So good timing!

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
\m/ for the wicked sick comment lol

·
Registered
207 Posts
I love the sound of the Mountune exhaust. When I do mine that's the one I'm going with for sure.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love the sound of the Mountune exhaust. When I do mine that's the one I'm going with for sure.
It keeps getting better with mileage as the carbon builds up. Its got a really pronounced tone now. Its dead quiet still at 600 miles when cruising and now produces a smooth pronounced interior noise as you accelerate. Its not as stock or quiet as people think, they just don't give the muffler and resonator enough time to break in. I'll have a video soon its more pronounced now, love it. This thing is engineered wonderfully, I recommend only getting this in the Turbo-Back setup for the absolutely sexy noise it makes.

Its only $999.00 for the FULL turbo-back setup, a great deal during the 12 days of Mountune. Get it before the price goes back up, its $1,450.00 when the sale is over!

·
Registered
207 Posts
It keeps getting better with mileage as the carbon builds up. Its got a really pronounced tone now. Its dead quiet still at 600 miles when cruising and now produces a smooth pronounced interior noise as you accelerate. Its not as stock or quiet as people think, they just don't give the muffler and resonator enough time to break in. I'll have a video soon its more pronounced now, love it. This thing is engineered wonderfully, I recommend only getting this in the Turbo-Back setup for the absolutely sexy noise it makes.

Its only $999.00 for the FULL turbo-back setup, a great deal during the 12 days of Mountune. Get it before the price goes back up, its $1,450.00 when the sale is over!
I assume going full turbo back I'd need a new custom tune done.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I assume going full turbo back I'd need a new custom tune done.
Not necessarily. I ran a turbo back exhaust on the stock tune for almost a year with no problems. You just have to use some type of spacer for the rear o2 sensor. I used a vibrant j spacer. It's a run-around, but it works fine. A tune is, of course, the proper way of doing it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not necessarily. I ran a turbo back exhaust on the stock tune for almost a year with no problems. You just have to use some type of spacer for the rear o2 sensor. I used a vibrant j spacer. It's a run-around, but it works fine. A tune is, of course, the proper way of doing it.
Yeah he could just have any of our tuning vendors get him set up if he does. You could purchase a Stratified tune for $50 that would cover all your mods to be adjusted correctly. I'd imagine running stock with a Turbo-back has some rather rich AFR's. Mine tuned hits 10 flat on WOT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts