Ford Focus ST Forum banner

121 - 140 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well I got my tune done with Randy at Mountune and besides the initial qwerks that I had with the FFS, which I inevitably disabled all together since it doesn't work if you remove the spring assist from the clutch; it is a fantastic tune just for the few parts that were installed in my car. I love the even power delivery, and I am easily keeping up with the genesis coupe rspec and 350z. This was so worth the money that I spent. It makes the car feel like an Ecobeast. I love it. I cant wait to do more with it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just clicked the order button, yesssss.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Installed last weekend...love it. Smooth powerband, yet daily driving around the city feels OEM. Now I just need to find the time and open roads to start data logging.
IMG_1816.JPG IMG_1807.JPG IMG_1819.JPG

·
Registered
121 Posts
For anyone running moutune on an AP3. Now that you can load your own image with the new firm ware update. I created a custom image for my load screen and thought I would share it.

MoutuneLoadScreen.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Considering pulling the trigger here....wife is going to kill me. For those of you running stock 93 with just a filter, did you need to do RMM as well? I think o don't need the RMM since my 2014 focus has build date of 11/2014, but still trying to figure out the RMM. I did have wheel hop once going 1-2 going down a hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Considering pulling the trigger here....wife is going to kill me. For those of you running stock 93 with just a filter, did you need to do RMM as well? I think o don't need the RMM since my 2014 focus has build date of 11/2014, but still trying to figure out the RMM. I did have wheel hop once going 1-2 going down a hill.

Hey Man...My wife was not psyched:) However, Im running just a filter and 93oct. tune, with no RMM. I don't like the added vibration it brings. The car is simply alive with a tune. You may want to also think about an intercooler as well.

Where in Central NJ are you? Im in Point but from East Windsor.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just put winters on. Going to run tuneless til Spring, and if bonus is decent, then a tune and filter. Bedminster, if you know where that is. Point pleasant is nice, I live too far from the beach.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about Randy's tunes. Finally pulled the trigger and ordered this morning. Can't wait.

I'm sure he'll take good care of my car. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just put winters on. Going to run tuneless til Spring, and if bonus is decent, then a tune and filter. Bedminster, if you know where that is. Point pleasant is nice, I live too far from the beach.

I was able to hold out a full 3 days....spring is coming early this year, I guess! Black Friday deal on am AP3 and tune from Randy seemed to good a deal to pass up.

So much for keeping this car stock....I tried

·
Registered
672 Posts
Can't wait to get my hatch tuned. I've heard a lot of good things about how solid Randy's tunes are.
Blackfriday deal was the best one out

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
@[email protected] I was reading the mountune AP page and it says it comes with 45 days of custom tuning after we receive our first tune. Is the mountune "OTS" tune that it comes with the AP considered our first tune(I'm guessing that's why we answer the questions is for a tune from mountune)? Or can I install that tune for a month or so then do some data logs and start my 45 days at that point? I guess simply will the 45 days start upon receiving the AP or can the custom tuning be started later? Either way thank you for what you are bringing to the community!

·
Registered
121 Posts
@[email protected] I was reading the mountune AP page and it says it comes with 45 days of custom tuning after we receive our first tune. Is the mountune "OTS" tune that it comes with the AP considered our first tune(I'm guessing that's why we answer the questions is for a tune from mountune)? Or can I install that tune for a month or so then do some data logs and start my 45 days at that point? I guess simply will the 45 days start upon receiving the AP or can the custom tuning be started later? Either way thank you for what you are bringing to the community!
Bump, I'd like to hear the response here as well

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

121 - 140 of 175 Posts