Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with mountune tuning have feedback on the tune? I am curious about the custom tuning that is being done with Accessport, but want to hear some feedback before deciding on what I want to do.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I too ordered the AP from Mountune w/ the free custom calibration. I haven't got it yet, but Randy's reputation with tuning from his previous position at another performance and tuning shop was excellent and his tunes stand up to the other 2 or 3 best ST tuners from what I've seen and read.

I can only assume that Mountune has given him free range of his abilities with tuning both safely and progressively in regards to power over the other watered down OTS tunes out there. I'm excited to work with him!

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
I just loaded Mountune 93 RR1HS FMIC Gamma map and went for a 8 mile drive to check it out. Didn't push it too had since the weather is in the upper 90's right. Since the install of the Mountune FMIC the car definitely breathes better and I'm looking forward to doing some datalogging to see the numbers.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I just loaded Mountune 93 RR1HS FMIC Gamma map and went for a 8 mile drive to check it out. Didn't push it too had since the weather is in the upper 90's right. Since the install of the Mountune FMIC the car definitely breathes better and I'm looking forward to doing some datalogging to see the numbers.
I got your email. I'll give you the details in a sec. :)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Well I'm a Bt baby. Randy's been my tuner since even before I was a Bt baby. I can't honestly say I know someone that works as many hours of the day as he does and has to make what the customer wants. I've had my own gremlins and he's been very helpful trough all of it. Nights, weekends, ungodly hours of the night logging and sending tunes. We have even more hurdles to jump out here on the west coast to try to produce power. Our pump gas being the biggest, along with the heat, he's worked though all of it to make safe effective power. I can't speak for the others as I haven't used any of them but I can say the service that I have always received from randy and how my car has preformed has spoken for itself.

·
1,976 Posts
Randy offers a great service and is well respected in the Focus community. He answers all questions and pumps out revisions in a timely manner, works with you and what goals you have. Lets you know up front on any questions you may have! Great person to work with and I am glad he is my tuner! I ran a tune with my stock turbo and now my GTX setup and couldn't be happier with the results!!!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Randy will work with you till you are happy even sending tunes at 2am

·
Registered
187 Posts
Been running one of Randy's new files at mountune, as always rock solid. Mine is for FMIC and Catless dp. Had him set me up with 2 different launch control settings plus FFS. Car pulls better than his old fswerks file in the mid range but otherwise still the same old reliable and smooth management of the car until you go WOT and tear the street up that is

Speaking of blowing charge pipes I blew one the other day shortly after loading my latest file LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Randy is by far the most dedicated tuner I have ever encountered. I've been running his tunes on my car since day 1. I had the FSWerks tune for a little over a year now, and absolutely love it. The low end grunt compared to most of the other tunes is unreal. Randy was reviewing and sending tune updates to me all night long on many a night; he is truly dedicated to the community. My new Mountune tune has fixed all the tiny quirks that I had (due to my mods, not Randy's tuning), and the service hasn't changed one bit. The torque is instantly there, no weird BOV issues, it idles super smooth, and is loads of fun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Newbie here :)
Just got my AP with custom programming from Randy at Fountain Valley office and he was very nice. He showed me step by step installing the AP and now just love the added power :).........Thanks Randy and looking forward w Mountune IC....and also thank you for the Mountune license frame and stickers :)

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have randys tune and love it and it performs great. He is the only person I have ever tuned with in my life and my experience is perfect. He makes sure the tune is to your liking and driving wants and needs. I spent a full day at the nurburgring last weekend and roasted my tires and brakes ( that was hard to have to explain to the wife) but randys tune was flawless on the nurburgring amd flawless everyday going back in forth to work.

MPGs Might be good but boost and smiles are off the charts lol I get around 22 but I live in germany and do over 100 mph in some spots on my way to work and on my way home every day.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Mollison?

I have randys tune and love it and it performs great. He is the only person I have ever tuned with in my life and my experience is perfect. He makes sure the tune is to your liking and driving wants and needs. I spent a full day at the nurburgring last weekend and roasted my tires and brakes ( that was hard to have to explain to the wife) but randys tune was flawless on the nurburgring amd flawless everyday going back in forth to work.

MPGs Might be good but boost and smiles are off the charts lol I get around 22 but I live in germany and do over 100 mph in some spots on my way to work and on my way home every day.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ive been running a randy tune since day one.. his work as FSWerks was great... his work though mountune is nothing less than perfect. my best description I can give it night and day... the new mountune calibration feels like no other turbo car ive ever driven.. it feels like a N/A engine..but all my torque hits aroudn 2500rpm and it doesnt seem to go anywhere.. I cannot say enough about Mountune (randy) and this calibration.. I honestly thought that his fswerks and mountune would be the same thing... and im sure alot of you are hesitent to spend more money for the same thing.. fear not.. youre going to love the new tune... it changes the car completely,

To speak about the service randy offers for his customer... tell me if you find me a better tuner in this regard. I emailed randy last night telling him that I will be autocrossing this weekend in my st and I was concerned he promptly (and at 3 in the morning) sent me 2 new maps including one with limited torque in first and second gear... talk about service..

Randy and Mountune for the win.

Blougheed out!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ordered my mountune custom tuner yesterday after ALOT of research. After reading countless posts about Randy and his commitment to service and Mountune's reputation all I can say is I can't wait to drive my ST once I load the tune. Looking forward to reviewing this great team.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I've been with Randy since I started modding my car. His customer service is awesome. I'm working with 2 tuners right now. Both are incredible, I'm testing Mountune and Stratified right now.

I think you can't go wrong with the big names.

·
Registered
651 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Did a mpg test today went 120 miles. 60 one way 60 another. Had cruise control set at 110-120 mph ( autobahn) avgpg was 19.1 both ways tank was just about empty so did another test being normal on back country roads. Never went about 62 mph and avg mpg was 33 over the course of about 20 miles.

Currently tuned by randy @ mountune

1 - 20 of 175 Posts